PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

The overload of Metallica fans spewing shit on the comments was enough to drive me away from the Orion stream. That and the technical difficulties every song.

yeah, i was in and out of the room and had it full screen because as ignorant as the metallica fans were of different music (they are currently trashing modest mouse now) gaslight fans just kept coming back at 'em and it was equally annoying. ex. "TGA is the best band in the entire world and if you don't like them, then you don't know anything about music and only listen to the top 40, blah blah blah" just let them hate and enjoy the show.

One of the weaker Gaslight songs in my opinion. Too much drums, nothing special on the guitar, and the "oh sha la la" thing sounds akward.

Hoping a proper mix makes it sound a litter better and that it is still the weakest song on the new album.

How have you heard the new album?

He's just saying he hopes it's the weakest song on the album. It was an alright song, I kind of expected more.

Ah. Completely misread that, haha. I think it's a great song. Obviously it's not a barn burner like "45" but I think it's a step in a great direction. Different strokes I guess.

EDIT: Just claimed my ticket for the Letterman webstream on Wednesday too... woohoo

I heard the stream on Friday night, I really wasn't impressed by it either. It was very HC-ish. Obviously any of their slower less rockish songs will draw a comparison to HC but I really wasn't diggin it. I'm loving "45" and Biloxi Parish, even though it's just a HQ live rip, I really think it will be one of the stand out tracks on the album.

I listened to the steam (and have a dl link) if anyone didn't get a chance to get a preview of it. Its very low quality, so I think a lot of the sound gets lost in the stream/rip.

I think it has some solid lyrics in it, but like the above poster said, it sounds like HC and doesn't shine over 45 or biloxi parish.

One of the weaker Gaslight songs in my opinion. Too much drums, nothing special on the guitar, and the "oh sha la la" thing sounds akward.

Hoping a proper mix makes it sound a litter better and that it is still the weakest song on the new album.

I was actually surprised by how much I disliked "Here Comes My Man." I don't think I have ever disliked any Gaslight song that much.

Ah. Completely misread that, haha. I think it's a great song. Obviously it's not a barn burner like "45" but I think it's a step in a great direction. Different strokes I guess.

EDIT: Just claimed my ticket for the Letterman webstream on Wednesday too... woohoo

Yeah dude. No one else could go because of work so I'm hopping a train up there alone, don't give a fuck. It should be an awesome show.