Anyone know if The Offsprings new album is getting pressed?

Yeah I read completely disappointed by rise & fall, rage & grace. I hope this is much better

They're streaming it over at rolling stone right now! http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/album-premiere-the-offspring-stretch-out-on-days-go-by-20120619

Let us know what you think! Honestly, I'm really impressed.

to me that record is bob rock-overproduced mediocore w/ 3 truly terrible songs (bumpin, the ballad, and the mariachi song). that said, it prob is better than the last one only b/c i remember absolutely nothing about that one.

but, i haven't liked any offspring album since ixnay...maybe americana when it came out.

was never huge offspring fan tho. i liked ignition and smash when they came out, but not the first one. smash is prob only one i ever listen to at all anymore tho. smash to me is a classic, but then they got hooked on making novelty hits. and raking in loads of cash. so more power to 'em.

Smash is definitely their best album, but i still enjoy all of it. I'm not a big fan of Bob Rock but I can say that I expected him to fuck this album up way more. I'm really happy with it, obviously we can get another ixnay or smash, but I'm content with this. But, everyone's got their own opinions.

Man, I had no idea the public opinion of Rise and Fall was so low. I loved that album when it came out and listened to it a lot. I thought it was their strongest album in a while. The first four tracks were awesome, and the rest of the album (except "Kristy," kinda) was great.

"Hammerhead" as the lead single was amazing. I still remember listening to that over and over while waiting for the album to come out. After "Original Prankster" and "Hit That," it heightened the anticipation for the album to have that as the first statement. I was not disappointed.

The only song I've heard from the new album is the bumpin' truck one. That said, I'm not as excited about this record. I do hope it's pressed on vinyl, though, as I plan to buy it on release day (and try my best to not listen to it until then!).

Man, I had no idea the public opinion of Rise and Fall was so low. I loved that album when it came out and listened to it a lot. I thought it was their strongest album in a while. The first four tracks were awesome, and the rest of the album (except "Kristy," kinda) was great.

"Hammerhead" as the lead single was amazing. I still remember listening to that over and over while waiting for the album to come out. After "Original Prankster" and "Hit That," it heightened the anticipation for the album to have that as the first statement. I was not disappointed.

The only song I've heard from the new album is the bumpin' truck one. That said, I'm not as excited about this record. I do hope it's pressed on vinyl, though, as I plan to buy it on release day (and try my best to not listen to it until then!).

Oh I agree Rise&Fall wasn't that bad, it just wasn't as good as previous offspring. But bands evolve and their getting pretty old so I'll take what i can get haha.

crap rock is crap.

Sum 41 fell off the face of the world and plays shit booths at Warped.

NFG comes out with complete pooptastic record and resorts to doing a 10th anniversary tour of Stick and Stones.

Now Offspirng is trying to make a comeback after hiatus....that needed to last forever. I would rather go see new P.O.D. lol

Lyfesuxxxx

this album is not good at all. It has a couple decent songs (Future is Now, Hurting as One), but most of it is boring or crap. I also don't understand why a version of Dirty Magic is on here... I never really cared for The Offsprings silly pop songs (see Pretty Fly for a White Guy). This seems to contain more than it's share of that, but even less memorable.

I'm pleasently surprised by this record except for a few things:

1) Tracks 6,7 and 8.

2) Still mixed on the re-recorded version of Dirty Magic, being one of my all-time favorite song by this band.

3) "The Future is Now" sounds like "Savior" and "Turning into You" sounds like "Ready to Fall" from Rise Against. Seriously, you can sing the Rise Against songs over those...

they havnt released an album this good since Americana. Is everyone here too cool to listen to like anything but their first three albums?

I agree, though personally I would change Americana for Conspiracy of One in the statement, since I thought it was pretty solid then...