Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

I thought the same thing as Spencer tweeted a lot about it earlier this year and he said the release was something he "tried for but couldn't get." That said, its pretty odd that he's pushing the US subscribers like myself to buddy up with someone from EU since that release is readily available stateside. Even if they do have an exclusive colorway. Anyhow, if there are any UK or EU folks on here that would be able to pick up an extra copy I'd be happy to reciprocate now or in future. PM me! Cheers!

I have beef with Death Waltz.  

Last Record Store Day they held a Twitter competition along the lines of:  Go and buy our RSD releases,  take a photo of your records,  funniest picture wins a "box set of test pressings".    Think there were about 10-20 entries,  and then nothing has been mentioned since.    I keep asking Spencer on Twitter when they will announce a winner,  and I just keep getting "Soon, I promise!", "Too busy!".

He's the co-ordinator for RSD in the UK,  yet he isn't honoring a simple competition.

Rant over...   besides that,  they do a quality product !  

I've spoken to Spencer via email and twitter several times and he is usually very gracious and full of good humor. That said, one part time employee handles billing, packing, and shipping with Spencer kicking in "as needed." Well they need more of it. Many of my shipments get to me in a decent amount of time once sent, but they always take a week or two to pack and ship and a couple have taken well over a month (not pre-orders). One that I ordered in June never arrived at all and, after finding the transaction but no record of shipping it, he and his employee made several promises to fill it or refund it, I still have neither records nor money. Spencer is usually very gracious, if not a bit brief, when I remind him of this and explains to me the nature of a truly small business (I run one myself-I understand) and gives me a new date that he'll refund me by. So far, no dice. This is not to say that they are intentionally shady by any means. I believe they get legitimately overwhelmed, but it can be a bit frustrating waking up to a feed full of tweets about him being out with friends at a festival all weekend whilst another refund date falls by the wayside. I've said as much to him in an email and to his credit, he's apologized, but actions speak louder than words. The action they should take is to hire another employee. I've seen this type of behavior touched upon on a few message boards before so I thought I'd toss my experiences and (constructive?) Criticisms into the fray.

/rant

The NY Ripper OST is definitely one of my most anticipated releases. It's the sleazy 80s at their very best. Pitchfork has a nice article about them here. It's also where the cover art was first revealed on Monday.

http://m.pitchfork.com/thepitch/69-death-waltz-records/

I should note, as an addendum to my last post, that I was finally refunded my money. It was a very pleasant and contrite exchange. It took four months to get the refund, but it was nice all the same.

• 2 weeks later...