MAN ADVICE

Why does my girlfriend get freaked out when I talk about moving closer to her? Its so fucking frustrating.

people are afraid of:

a) change

B) risk

c) forever

your proposition likely embodies all three of those things to her, and you're not even moving in together.  my advice here is to find out what it is she's freaked out about and hit her with the empathy.  everyone's scared, you just have to work with it instead of against it.

Okay, so now I finally get to post in here about my self again.  After months of avoiding Facebook, I finally went back and checked it.  A girl I had met at a party a month or so ago (I was with a date that evening) added me.  After adding her she did the thing where she likes a bunch of my pictures and then commented on my status, which led to a conversation via messaging, which has gone on most of last night and today.  She made a comment about if/when we hang out she'll be sure to wear heels so I won't feel so insanely tall.  When I asked if that was an invite to hangout, her response was "Sure, that sounds fun!".  The fact that she said "sure" instead of "yes" makes me feel strange, am I just way too reading into a single word?  The only reason I worry about small things like that is, a few months ago I was hanging out with a gal (remember the one that wanted me to stay the night and cuddle, but kept giving me mixed signals?), so now I can't tell if a girl's intentions are just a friendship or more.  I hate being confused by the fairer of the sexes.  

don't worry about it. a sure is 98% better than a no. don't over think things, hang out, woo her.

as i was posting last night about not knowing how to restart a convo- 

i was talking to a very cute girl the night before who goes to school down the street from me. she's an artist (although, every single girl on okcupid seems to consider herself an artist), and we had a really good back and forth going just talking about our art.

i was able to capture that again, and sometime in the next week we're going to go check out a gallery or two. it would be cool if this worked out romantically, but at the same time, she seems like someone who i can have a strong discussion about art with. and i never get that.

@Ronnie

She probably just wants to play it cool for now. Do you know if she's a huge "liker" with her other friends?

I don't think so.  We have plans to get coffee tomorrow which is rad.  Typically I wouldn't over worry about a situation as small as this, but a couple of strange gals will do that to a fella. 

people are afraid of:

a) change

B) risk

c) forever

your proposition likely embodies all three of those things to her, and you're not even moving in together.  my advice here is to find out what it is she's freaked out about and hit her with the empathy.  everyone's scared, you just have to work with it instead of against it.

I tried. All she says to me now is "leave me alone" haha such a bitch sometimes

yo.  ok.  so.  there's this girl.  we met a little more than a year ago at a party when i was still with my now-ex.  we started talking (facebook...) around january about music in common, ethics, morality, religion... the good shit that makes a complete cynic buckle at the knees.  we were talking daily for a few weeks, but every time i asked her to hang, she was busy.  and i know she legitimately was busy most of the time, but she deeeefinitely could have put forth a little more effort to make it happen.  this week, the talking is becoming less, though she is still making her presence known (chick is into things i post on the internet, you know?).  i'm going out of my freaking mind not seeing this chick.  too much technology, too much typing, too many excuses (is this ironic yet?).  easy solution is to just drop it and move on, but i'm really into her.  i mean, at least as much as one can be into a chick he talks to on the internet, right?

who has the answers?

oh, you're looking for answers for why girls show interest until it's time to appease your requests to actually spend time together?

Yuri-laughing-GIF_large.gif

The one time I tried internet dating - A story by Zac:

Chatted up this girl who had pretty similar interests in music and movies and was reasonably attractive for online dating. She texted me constantly whenever she was free (should have been warning sign one) and basically after a couple days said she wanted to hang. I obliged. Had to pick her up...which is super fucking weird with someone you've never met and the first time you meet they're getting in to your car (I do not recommend this for others - make that slut find her own way). Had diner and shit and the whole time she talked about her damn self, how cool she was in high school, her pets, so on and so on. Not one question about myself. So the "date" was me nodding my head and doing that fed-up-with-the-relationship dude thing of just saying "uh huh" "yeah, i know" etc. Then I had to take this girl home and she kept dropping hints about about watching movies and giving the D some love.  I said fuck it, dropped her off while still being silent and she took the hint and just got out of the car and said "we should do this again." I responded with "yeah, ok"

...I then ignored the shit out of her texts until she left me the fuck alone.  I denied my D the good stuff because there was crazy oozing from this chick from the get go. I patted myself on the back for that one. I probably come out sounding like an asshole myself, but trust me there was no good coming from that self-centered, stuck in high school, obviously clingy, and poor-me BS.

The one time I tried internet dating - A story by Zac:

Chatted up this girl who had pretty similar interests in music and movies and was reasonably attractive for online dating. She texted me constantly whenever she was free (should have been warning sign one) and basically after a couple days said she wanted to hang. I obliged. Had to pick her up...which is super fucking weird with someone you've never met and the first time you meet they're getting in to your car (I do not recommend this for others - make that slut find her own way). Had diner and shit and the whole time she talked about her damn self, how cool she was in high school, her pets, so on and so on. Not one question about myself. So the "date" was me nodding my head and doing that fed-up-with-the-relationship dude thing of just saying "uh huh" "yeah, i know" etc. Then I had to take this girl home and she kept dropping hints about about watching movies and giving the D some love.  I said fuck it, dropped her off while still being silent and she took the hint and just got out of the car and said "we should do this again." I responded with "yeah, ok"

...I then ignored the shit out of her texts until she left me the fuck alone.  I denied my D the good stuff because there was crazy oozing from this chick from the get go. I patted myself on the back for that one. I probably come out sounding like an asshole myself, but trust me there was no good coming from that self-centered, stuck in high school, obviously clingy, and poor-me BS.

was it this lady:

996928_o.gif

Per my usual night, I'm not sleeping so...

Went out to the bar with friends and "cam girl" (idk the point of keeping the anonymity of her but whatevs) and as assumed I just ended up at her place to stay over. And about a half hour ago I held her hair while she threw up. Is that what love is guys?

But, on a serious side we both discovered that we'd both be pretty damn crushed if one of us slept with somebody else so I'm at that super awkward point where we decide to start labeling this something or whatever.

I don't think so.  We have plans to get coffee tomorrow which is rad.  Typically I wouldn't over worry about a situation as small as this, but a couple of strange gals will do that to a fella. 

I'm sure you don't need my advice, being the "other" resident Casanova of the boards..but just "move-match" her. Don't let two strange gals mess up your game, I believe in you.

oh, you're looking for answers for why girls show interest until it's time to appease your requests to actually spend time together?

Yuri-laughing-GIF_large.gif

BAH!! i'm going through this same sort of shit with this one girl, but it's not on the internet, she shows interest when we are hanging out and doesn't want to go further with it. 

I'm just making myself scarce this month. Kinda just don't want to hang around any of these girls any more. This whole area just fucking sucks. Fortunately I've started volunteering at the local radio station, so that should suck up most of the time. 

I was being serious. Girls just do that stuff. They don't know why. I don't know why i've done it. I think like "hey i might kinda like this guy. I'll text him a lot and chat him up. Sure yeah, whatever, i'll flirt with him some, he's just in my phone anyway. Hang out? No. I don't feel like hanging out with some dude who wants some poonani or whatever. I just want to be a drunk asshole. I don't have time to get pretty and be interesting. I'd rather just be around people who know how I be." But that's just me. as someone who is somewhat sexually confused.

I was being serious. Girls just do that stuff. They don't know why. I don't know why i've done it. I think like "hey i might kinda like this guy. I'll text him a lot and chat him up. Sure yeah, whatever, i'll flirt with him some, he's just in my phone anyway. Hang out? No. I don't feel like hanging out with some dude who wants some poonani or whatever. I just want to be a drunk asshole. I don't have time to get pretty and be interesting. I'd rather just be around people who know how I be." But that's just me. as someone who is somewhat sexually confused.

thanks for clarifying.  i'm glad that is the most reasonable explanation.  it makes no goddamn sense, WHICH IS WHY GUYS HAVE TO PLAY THESE STUPID GAMES.  i have to dog this chick so she gets interested.  being interested and available and charming doesn't work for modern women.  it's horseshit.  "hey, i'd really like to take you out on a date.  we'll get dinner and a drink, walk around town and goof off, get another drink and talk about something we probably shouldn't talk about on the first date.  yea, i'll bring a flower AND i'll walk you home."  "eh, i'm busy."  gimme a fuckin' break, women.

we like being ignored, it makes us work harder.

also, have you met this girl in person already? are you getting catfished?