MAN ADVICE

Yeah I'm not worked up or anything. No big deal. I just think hate the feeling like you are being ignored. Getting shot down is way better.

dude my wife's family is super catholic and she went to catholic school.  she also sucks good D.  it's like having a family like that and girls start to rebel man.  go stag.

Huzzzzah. Got the yes. She said she was working, went out to dinner, etc. Little ridiculous she left me hanging from 1:30 to 10:30 but whatever.

Thanks for the advice to tear it up solo but this is what I wanted. It still has the "just friends" clause on it so I'm not on a leash and could still scout talent. This girl is worth the effort. Only see it helping my chances.

Thinking I might go out and get a new suit tomorrow. Only one I currently own is the one I wore for my high school senior photo. It's a little bit of a tight fit. I have my dissertation defense in a month too.

didn't see this before i posted.

So not having sex with this girl is getting really really tough, but man oh man is it gonna be worth it.  Over the last year I've slept with more girls than I'm stoked to admit, and they were all just drunken flings, there was nothing of actual substance or emotion.  Pretty sure I'm in love with this girl, so that's pretty rad.  Sorry to cheese out the thread.  

so nice to see this. lately most of us in here have been all about getting it on and nothing else. emotions ftw

so nice to see this. lately most of us in here have been all about getting it on and nothing else. emotions ftw

Right?! I'm so stoked on the idea of being in love, and actually having sex with somebody that I'm madly into instead of just having a drunken naked bedroom encounter (or car hood, or bathroom, or whatever).  I got that out of my system last year, it was cool for a little bit, but now I have no interest in that.  To a certain extent I'm pretty ashamed of how many people that I've slept with, and new chick knows I've had me some sex but she's made it clear that the past is the past and has nothing to do with her, which is pretty relieving.  

i guess none of us can find people we're actually interested in...

so we settle for attempting to get it in once in a while.

yeah, i did that a lot when i was younger and passed up some really loving ladies, a few i regret not going further with. like hitting my head to the table kinda regret. now that's what i want, and i feel i'm a bit too old to find anyone interesting that's still single that i find truly amazing. and apparently dating sites aren't happening for me. and the fact that i don't drive is kind of a problem too.

gonna have a pity party for a minute but whatever.

my girlfriend visited for a week, flew out this morning. it was a really great week and she'll be back in the summer for what we hope is at least a month. when she got home today though, her brother told her that her mom told her family (or let them believe) that she'd been working and that's why she wasn't at family dinner at all last week (a lot of nights, if not every night, they go down the street to her grandma's/aunt's and have dinner, play mahjong, etc). not sure if that means her mom is ashamed of her and me or what, but it kinda sucks... a lot. and i can't even imagine how it's making my girlfriend feel. i mean i have visited her several times in san jose, met her family, hung out with them, had dinner with them, learned how to play mahjong, etc. i think we both thought they knew she's gay and that i'm not just a friend...but maybe not...i don't know. thought her parents were cool with it. idk, my parents are like mr and mrs gay rights, heh. just hurts a bit, you know?

I'm sure your fellow lesbian folk can say something better but don't let it get you down. I'm sure almost every gay person has someone in their family that doesn't approve. Sucks that it is a mom and not a cousin or something. But if not her it would be someone else. Just gotta do you. Intolerance and disapproval is going to be a part of your life, hopefully just a small one with a lot of happiness otherwise.

And it doesn't even sound that bad. She might just be thinking "I'm ok with my daughter being gay but I want give it some time to make 100% sure this is her life choice before I have that conversation with the rest of the family". It's not the best way to play it, but it could be a whole lot worse. If she accepts you around, that's a sign it will probably work out fine with the family in time.

turns out that girl i've been seeing has a really bad heroin problem.

she didn't want to tell me because she liked me so much.

she's been detoxing at her parents house for yesterday and today.

she says she's changing her number and cutting those people out of her life for good.

she's been talking with me the entire time, and says i 'distract her' from that, and that she feels amazing when she's around me.

i don't know. i do like her, but i worry about my children.

if she cleans up and proves it, i'd be interested in continuing what we do, but right now i'm just worried about her, and what i've gotten myself into.

i don't know man. shit's cray, yo.

on the plus side, i found Pond's debut 7" at Euclid Records today for $1.99.

also bought cheap tricks debut 12".

good times were had on that end.

was at work tonight, and a very good looking blonde girl was shopping with her mom. didn't have a chance to help them out or anything, but then i got to ring them up. it hurt when she put a black bra on the counter.. and killed me when i saw it was a 34 D.

for ALL the years i've worked retail.. how do i have a complete inability to hit on my customers?

i played a little conversation as they were at the register for a while. she ended up walking out while her mom paid, and i so wanted to ask mom what her deal was. maybe if there weren't more customers around, but let's be real, probably not.

Dude...Don't bring anyone around you kids who has done heroine in the last year. Tell her she can give you a call when she completely fixes herself and is stable for the long term. It's gotta come from inside her, though. Even in a normal situation it wouldn't be your job to help her through this. Imagine what your wife could do with the information that a heroine addict was in the same house as your kids. Goodbye credit to you for being a good dad in the court. Not even a grey area anywhere close to this situation.

And sorry this popped up in something that was picking you up...

turns out that girl i've been seeing has a really bad heroin problem.

she didn't want to tell me because she liked me so much.

she's been detoxing at her parents house for yesterday and today.

she says she's changing her number and cutting those people out of her life for good.

she's been talking with me the entire time, and says i 'distract her' from that, and that she feels amazing when she's around me.

i don't know. i do like her, but i worry about my children.

if she cleans up and proves it, i'd be interested in continuing what we do, but right now i'm just worried about her, and what i've gotten myself into.

i don't know man. shit's cray, yo.

on the plus side, i found Pond's debut 7" at Euclid Records today for $1.99.

also bought cheap tricks debut 12".

good times were had on that end.

whoaaaaaaaa.

curveball. damn brother.

yeah probably best she doesn't come hang out at your house for a little bit. i see no problem with her still texting/calling you tho while she cleans her shit up.

Dude...Don't bring anyone around you kids who has done heroine in the last year. Tell her she can give you a call when she completely fixes herself and is stable for the long term. It's gotta come from inside her, though. Even in a normal situation it wouldn't be your job to help her through this. Imagine what your wife could do with the information that a heroine addict was in the same house as your kids. Goodbye credit to you for being a good dad in the court. Not even a grey area anywhere close to this situation.

And sorry this popped up in something that was picking you up...

....that's actually an excellent point i wish i had read before i posted. you could potentially end up being some kind of crucial support for her..... which is something you super don't need right now. it's great if you can help someone better themselves, but you need a bitch that will do the same for you. and i don't see a recovering heroin addict being able to make you feel that way. yeahhhh.....

Does anyone know anyone who just went cold turkey on heroine? Most of my knowledge of hard drugs comes from "Intervention". I've been sheltered from it.

From what I do know, girl needs rehab. Not sure how reliable the source is but it says 87% relapse rate for heroine users, and that is with treatment. Couldn't image anyone just kicking it without help.

http://soberplace.com/common-relapse-rates-in-drug-recovery/

was at work tonight, and a very good looking blonde girl was shopping with her mom. didn't have a chance to help them out or anything, but then i got to ring them up. it hurt when she put a black bra on the counter.. and killed me when i saw it was a 34 D.

for ALL the years i've worked retail.. how do i have a complete inability to hit on my customers?

i played a little conversation as they were at the register for a while. she ended up walking out while her mom paid, and i so wanted to ask mom what her deal was. maybe if there weren't more customers around, but let's be real, probably not.

i really liked reading this. because it comes off cute and i'm like "Oh ryan! you adorable scamp!"

but then i imagine if i KNEW that girl and you DID hit on her and she told me about it later.

"DUDE. I was just shopping with my mom. I was buying a fucking BRA and the guy at the register decided to hit on me!!! i'm buying a bra AND he hit on me in front of my mom!!! WTF!!! who does that!!"

and i would definitely lol all the way home.

ps. i love you.

"Excuse ma'am, I couldn't help but notice your daughter has rather large titties. First, congratulations on producing such an ample bosom, and secondly madam, might I inquire about her hand in courtship?"

Would have loved to see how that played out.

I got no advice Sean. Just support. Hang in there dude.

Once I went to buy some boxers from AE and there was a line but the pink ones were on sale, and the girl at the register was super cute, and she convinced me into getting that card and I was blushing hard but she was giggling too, also the boxers were pink that didn't help much.

"Excuse ma'am, I couldn't help but notice your daughter has rather large titties. First, congratulations on producing such an ample bosom, and secondly madam, might I inquire about her hand in courtship?"

Would have loved to see how that played out.

I got no advice Sean. Just support. Hang in there dude.

fucking like quota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! perfect. that would've been even better.