MAN ADVICE

Every time I come in this thread I think:

Not to bash on the relationship folks, but man, what a headache sometimes...

I assumed you were married for some reason.

I assumed you were married for some reason.

Nah, willingly single for the time being. Too lazy/selfish to deal with relationships at this point in my life haha.

I will admit, I am definitely a prize waiting for some lucky lady to claim me someday...just not now. :ph34r:

they werent friends at all. thats my big stink. the two words in front of their description says it all. ONE NIGHT.

its not personal. i just know not to introduce her to people ive slept with and never talk to and never have had a relationship with. its tacky and lame.and its out of fucking respect i dont do that.

had she even said his name at introduction, that would have been nice. but that told me she didnt even know. and youre missing my whole point.

and it wasnt lack of self confidence. this sample of all the years ive been alive isnt enough for you to conclude that.

it was a curious question, as i mentioned, im a curious person.

we're happily married and have a kid now...so i obviously dont have issues with it. it was just a question.

ive met her former boyfriends...no big deal.

i just dont want to meet her randoms.

you: "when my wife and i were dating, she'd introduce me to all these guy friends." the operative word is friends.

you sure have a muddled way of explaining things. calling them her friends then backpeddling to explain they were only one nighters is a bit perplexing. because the two can lapse over. it leaves the reader with a sense of confusion. 

so many scenarios to explain why she did what she did, but no point. doesn't matter now. but thats a question you should never ask a women (especially someone you're still dating) in general and expect a congenial answer. even if you are just slightly curious.

So there's a girl in my life now, and we've hung out a few times.  Haven't called them dates or really labeled anything yet, but I'm really happy with how things are going.  I'm having her over to my place and making dinner on Wednesday which I'm pretty excited for.  She has a lot of allergies so I'm pretty limited on what I can make, but she's definitely more than worth it to deal with that :wub: .  I'm not in need of advice, I'm just pretty stoked on this.  I'm taking a different approach to this in that I'm taking initiative instead of just waiting for a girl to come along and be interested in me.  It's working out really well so far.  :)

How is it that I can be charismatic and outgoing and charming when I have to but I can't for the life of me muster up 1 / 10 of that when I am just out at a bar attempting to have a good time with friends?

This weekend was a perfect example.  I volunteered at a local music festival and was put into the role of Site Leader and my role was more or less to keep things organized, moving and to take care of any problems that came up.  Along with the main goal of making sure that everyone has a good time.  During my time there I was outgoing and actually holding down lengthly conversations with people about any and everything.  I even somehow managed to turn me getting caught staring at a waitress' cleavage into me getting her number.

Somehow magically at the end of my volunteer shift I turn back into socially awkward guy who struggles to hold down a conversation with friends in a bar / group setting.  I wish I could just figure out how to "force" myself to not be so shy and awkward, and it's times like previously mentioned which prove to me that I can be more normal in social settings. 

So somehow I managed to be a guy who can turn starring at (I wouldn't say starring, I'd say glancing for a second or two to long but I got caught so...) into getting her number.  The just a few hours later I turn into a guy who is not capable of working up the nerve to send said girl a text telling to finalize plans to meet up at a concert.

Realistically this isn't something that I can get advice to fix, it's something I need to just, basically, stop being a bitch and deal with.  However that act of typing it out is cathartic and it really makes me take a more detailed introspective look at myself.

sounds like being put in the role of site leader gave you a boost of confidence.

now you just need to carry that feeling over into normal social settings?

Guys I saw Danzig tonight and headwalked during Skulls in which we made eye contact, pointed at each other and said "I want your skulls".....Glenn Danzig tonight made me happier in that moment than Ive been the past few months. Thank you Glenn. Thank you.

Guys I saw Danzig tonight and headwalked during Skulls in which we made eye contact, pointed at each other and said "I want your skulls".....Glen Danzig tonight made me happier in that moment than Ive been the past few months. Thank you Glenn. Thank you.

At first I thought you posted this in the wrong thread, but by the end I see your reasoning. Carry on my man!