MAN ADVICE

So one of the girls on my roster- the one who's 2 hours away- works for the same company as me. I didn't really mind it at first, but it seems like 90% of our interaction is about work.

I'm going to Boston Friday, and the plan is for her to meet me and my friends at the bar. I'm hoping after some more face time together that the gap chat is muted by some more familiarity. But if it doesn't, what would y'all suggest?

See if the chemistry is really there when you hang out.  If you're having lulls of conversation, might be a sign.  Although the celtic's game should be pretty cool

So one of the girls on my roster- the one who's 2 hours away- works for the same company as me. I didn't really mind it at first, but it seems like 90% of our interaction is about work.

I'm going to Boston Friday, and the plan is for her to meet me and my friends at the bar. I'm hoping after some more face time together that the gap chat is muted by some more familiarity. But if it doesn't, what would y'all suggest?

If 90% of your interaction right now is about work, then that's not a good sign. also don't shit where you eat.

If 90% of your interaction right now is about work, then that's not a good sign. also don't shit where you eat.

I disagree with the last part. I met my wife at school, and while thats a little different than a school environment it was where I spent 90% of my time. Yeah if things had gone south it would have been awkward but it worked out. You just gotta weigh risk/reward.

she's not coming to the game, just meeting up after.

i work at gap, she's at banana republic- so there's no conflict of interest there or anything. plus the part where we're 90 miles apart.

and when we hung out, there was a decent chunk of conversation dedicated to work. but a lot of it was getting to know each other. same company owns each store, and we're both managers. but there are butt loads of differences between what we do. so it was interesting.

and all of the conversation that strayed from work was enjoyable as well.

why do women folk text you all day everyday and then when you ask them to come hang out they ignore the question and try to continue the text conversation?

I'm not like "Hey come have dinner with me"

it's like "hey, come have drinks with me and my buddy at the bar" or "Hey i just OD'd on downloading movies, come over and peep some with me"

like wtf, if you're gonna ignore me at least COMMIT to ignoring me -_-

text messaging/facebook messaging/whatever messaging is making everything less real.

call someone up on the phone and ask them to hang out, it’s so much harder to say no. saying no via text is just a little minute thing and then you’re over it.

that ‘her’ movie ruined me. we’re all so connected, but so alone. :( :( :( :(

asked her to hang out yesterday

"yeah, just text me after work"

text her after work

7 hours later

"oh hey i was shopping all day spent way too much money lol whats up"