MAN ADVICE

We did have a messy breakup. But before she moved out of the area, we still hung out somewhat regularly.

Usually, the texts are just pleasantries or "have you heard of this band?"

They don't. But I think it's natural to be curious. If you once really cared about someone, it's just nice to know that they're doing well.

I heard through a friend of mine that my ex girlfriend who I dated for two years was seeing someone.  It's also worth mentioning that I broke up with this girl (in November), and she was still completely in love with me, and I also have zero feelings left for her.  Anyways, out of curiosity I texted her and eventually asked how her dating life was going blah blah blah and said I had heard she was seeing someone and asked how it was going.  She got all pissy and said I don't have any right to know anything about her personal life anymore, so I wished her the best and said that I hope he treats her nicely.  But yeah, I was naturally curious.  

Even thinking about my friend- he's also been in touch with his exes. Hell text one who's in Boston when were in the area, another was actually over last night to just get stoned and watch bad rap videos with us.

If you date someone, it's because there is obviously an attraction that makes you enjoy your time together. I guess some of us know how to find that post-sex-havin sweet spot where you can just enjoy someone's company without all the bullshit that used to come with it.

Buncha nosey ass mothertruckers...

To me, if you aren't in my life at the moment, please stay out. I really don't care how you are doing now years after the fact, and would prefer it if you felt the same way toward me.

At the end if the day, there IS always a motive behind this stuff, even if it is just being nosey.

i feel this jimmy, it even seems like rybread’s ex is keeping in contact with him every so often just incase something happens with her current boo. she has ryan on deck.

i feel this jimmy, it even seems like rybread’s ex is keeping in contact with him every so often just incase something happens with her current boo. she has ryan on deck.

Exactly.

For the record, I feel FB is nothing more than a giant "find your ex and hookup" tool for lots of people, which is just sad if you ask me.

Having friends is cool, why wouldn't I want friends? And why wouldn't I want them to have done some crazy shit, including date me?

My ex and I were on and off for about 3 and a half years. When it was finally over and I started dating my current gf, I tried to keep things light with my ex and tried being friendly. The last time I talked to her was when I asked her how she was and how her new job was going and if she was going to get an apartment of her own. She told me that I was a fucking creep and a werido for wanting to know that kind of stuff and it was shitty to do that to my gf. I was like "lol alright" and haven't talked to her since. She drunk texted me one time and I literally didn't know who it was and then it clicked. She sucks as a person

Why do you "have" to listen to it?

Well I mean we're getting pretty nit-picky now.  She seems to always talk about drinking and guys whenever I'm near her at work, thinking she's making me jealous.  I guess I could just shut it out, but it's pretty hard not to hear it.

I also overheard her talking about getting hammered at a bar and throwing up on the table.  Not sure why she was talking about that.  It's just gross and demeaning of herself, so I laughed.

For me, I just feel like there's very little good that can come from opening up a line of communication with this person, and a whole lot of bad. She knows (maybe? Girls still Facebook stalk right?) that I'm still in a long-term relationship that's pretty darn serious. 3.5 billion women on planet Earth, shouldn't be a big deal if there's like 2 or 3 that I would just rather not talk to ever again.

Well I mean we're getting pretty nit-picky now. She seems to always talk about drinking and guys whenever I'm near her at work. I guess I could just shut it out, but it's pretty hard not to hear it.

There is always a solution to these types of things. I usually take the asshole route, but that's just me.

for a while on this whiteboard in our kitchen, 'if it feels good, do it' was written

then my roommate had super drunken sex with my gay bff, and I erased it.