MAN ADVICE

i could use some advice, friends.  perhaps more suggestions than advice.  it's totally man-related, considering it's about winning bread.

i'm changing careers.  i've completely lost faith in the public education system and feel like i've become part of a problem in what should be a social institution that sets the foundation of the future of the modern world.  so i decided i'm leaving.

the world is my oyster.  i want to do something creative, potentially lucrative, and challenging.  it should be in a high-energy setting that gets exciting despite pressure.  the problem is that all of my official credentials are in english / education.  i'm technically capable, really good at math, can pick up new skills quickly, and (surprisingly) am really good at interacting with people.

anyone have any suggestions for new careers?  people in the ny-metro area, have any leads or specific job ideas?  i'm psyched about this, and want to make a good decision.  all resources are good resources.  thanks in advance.

This might give you some ideas:

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search?Keyword=&Location=new+jersey&search=Search&AutoCompleteSelected=False

If you are sick of the bureaucracy, government might not be for you but it covers a wide array of what's out there and you can bump it up against the pay/requirements to see what types you actually qualify for.

So you aren't interested in going back to school, right? If you are really all the things you say you are, sounds like you would be a fine salesman. PIck the field you are most interested in (have friends who sell medical equipment, software, etc). It's not as exciting as you want, but it'll be steady income with opportunity to make 6 figures, depending on where you land.

There's also the riskier fields (being independent), like trying to become a writer, create apps, etc. If you think you can be successful doing this stuff, go for it. Just lock down your standard job first and spend an hour a day on it after work, until you are ready to take the leap.

You could do a lot of his within the creative industry. Content strategy, copywriting, project management and stuff like that. Might have to take and intern or super junior role to start.

Agency work is usually a pretty fun group. Rewarding is not a word Id use though. It can e but really depends on the accounts.

I've applied to a couple agencies.  Might start fooling around with front-end dev. coding.  Sales is definitely possible, I'd just have to be selling something I can stand behind (ie. not pharma).  thanks for the suggestions so far.  i really do appreciate some different perspectives.

Tinder worked just like Jacob said -- flipped through for a couple weeks with only a few uninteresting matches, now I seem to be on a roll. There must be something with the way that app works that is goofy. 

Have one that is really interesting. Pretty damn cute, lawyer, dog lover. Talking to a couple other matches because why not. Seem ok.

How long you guys usually chat before trying to meet a tinder match in person? One that seems like a normal, respectable girl (not a pump and dump). A week? It's been a few days. 

I tried forcing a meet as soon as possible. Usually by the second or third day of chatting, I would be trying to set something up. Because I don't want endless texting with someone I'm never going to meet otherwise. Especially when I'm having the same conversation with them that I've had with every other female on there.

I also went on an impromptu date with a girl who I met about a month ago today. Kind of gave up on it, and then she texted me asking to hang out in the sunshine. That turned into getting pizza. Them drinks. Then burgers. It was dope.