MAN ADVICE

I don't like that.

Fun fact: that is not equivalent to how many people someone has slept with. It's a matter of comfortability.

Yeah, I don't get it...not that it would be funny or anything, it just doesn't really make sense.

I'm glad you all said something...

Big fight - all day kind of fight. Things have been on the rocks for a good while. Marriage is hard, definitely a roller coaster.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you two are able to patch things up.

My ex girlfriend that I dumped twice, and have no feelings for and don't try and communicate with tweeted, "Crazy exes ugh" and then removed me from twitter, Facebook and Instagram. It's funny because she works at the same place as me (part time job), so when I see her there and say something like, "I see you removed me from all social media websites", she gets all emotional and goes to the bathroom and cries, and I laugh. She literally can't say a word to me, or even hear me talk to her without getting all emotional, yet she blasts social media acting like I'm crazy. Also, she gossips about it at work to her friends so much that my manager had to talk to me, and said she didn't want us working together at the same time. I thought, "what the fuck? I never talk about this at work, and always act civilly around her", so then I knew she was talking about it at work non stop.

Also, I asked her probably a month and a half ago, why she is suddenly going to the bar literally every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, because when we dated I would always encourage her to go to the bar with her friends and have some fun, and she never wanted to. Anyways, her answer to acting irresponsible and getting hammered at douchey clubs was "People change John". She was never very intelligent. She's also gained a noticeable amount of weight since we broke up, and squeezes into the same jeans she used to wear and her butt literally just looks like a big blob now so I laugh at that.

If you dumped her twice she is probably just trying to even the score. You are also dreaming if you think she is going to just work and pretend like nothing happened. Hopefully this is your job and not your career.

Have a friend who is the funnest dude in the world when single. Calls you to go out, brews until 4 am. Then everytime he gets a girlfriend he holes himself up in his house like a hermit. Some people just do that. I think they really just want to stay at home all the time, but just don't want to be alone so they force themselves into going out.

Have a tinder match. Attractive girl. Seems like we are clicking pretty well. She offered up her phone number. It's been about a week.

Tried a couple times to get her out. She said that her mom is getting married in 3 weeks and she is completely booked until then with work and wedding stuff. Kind of a bummer. I don't get the feeling she is bullshitting.

Being brutally honest, though, I kinda want to say "Look, I'll come to you and buy you dinner or something one night after work. You can't honestly have zero seconds to yourself until three weeks from now. That is too long to just chat with someone you barely know on a web app."

Don't think I'm gonna rock the boat, though. Don't want to risk blowing it. Just sharing...

Yeah, how does someone really not have 2-3 hours for a date, for 3 whole weeks? Damn. I might try bringing it up, your idea of going to her, but if she shoots it down quickly just wait it out if you're still feeling it.

I know that for me, personally, when things get super overwhelming like that...the last thing I want to do is go out and see people (let alone strangers) during my free time. I generally just want to crash on the couch and breathe, half the time I won't even count it as being 'free time' because I have so much running through my mind that I really just need to chill out. 

She probably has a few moments to herself, but would like to be low key during those moments.

I also would totally talk to someone weeks or months before meeting them in person, just because I like to scope a person out completely before actually meeting them. 

I don't know anything about weddings, but with how extensive people plan, 3 weeks sounds like crunch time. She might be legit busy as fuck with her mom.

Offer up the idea for sure. I'd leave out the part saying "I know you don't have zero free time." If she honestly can't do it right now, and you dig her, wait out the three weeks and keep up the chatting. One week of talking really isn't that long.

I feel like men are more eager to just meet ASAP, while girls are totally content with just talking and getting to know a guy for... a long time. Hell, It took me 6 months before I agreed to meet big bruise, and even then it was just a friends meet up. Thank goodness he put up with that wait. Girls usually like to feel it out for as long as possible haha.

I guess in the back of my mind I'm just thinking that based on her pictures, this girl is on the upper limit of what I would consider my wheelhouse. So excited but at the same time, kinda want to lay my cards on the table and make sure she is still interested (if pics are legitimate representation of reality, which who knows).

Maybe I should just try and become facebook friends. Know she has one.

During my brief experience with online dating, I tried to use photos that I thought actually looked like me, full body and whatnot, so the dude actually knows what I look like and isn't let down when we meet in person. I don't get people who use super filtered MySpace angle pictures, or ones from 5 years ago, it's just going to be awkward when you meet in person!

Anyway, hope all goes well lebowski, let us know how it turns out :)

I know that for me, personally, when things get super overwhelming like that...the last thing I want to do is go out and see people (let alone strangers) during my free time. I generally just want to crash on the couch and breathe, half the time I won't even count it as being 'free time' because I have so much running through my mind that I really just need to chill out. 

She probably has a few moments to herself, but would like to be low key during those moments.

I also would totally talk to someone weeks or months before meeting them in person, just because I like to scope a person out completely before actually meeting them. 

I don't think you like to go out and meet people in general judging by your post count, amount of time spent here, and the stuff you say on here.

I don't think you like to go out and meet people in general judging by your post count, amount of time spent here, and the stuff you say on here.

Yeah, well I think you are a shallow, sex-driven, borderline bro-creep judging by your post count, amount of time spent in the man advice thread, and the stuff you say in there.

Ooooh good one, you got me.

I don't go out of my way to meet people, no. I don't like crowded spaces and I'm very particular about who I surround myself with. I do tend to lean on the hermit side of things. That doesn't mean that I am completely anti-social or not capable of wanting to make friends or go out.

I also have a lot going on in my life right now and not a lot of time to breathe. I post here from my phone a lot and mostly when I'm at work and it's dead.

Who cares how I spend my time, dude.

I'm just throwing out my opinion of how this girl might be feeling if she's overwhelmed with a lot of things.

Yeah, well I think you are a shallow, sex-driven, borderline bro-creep judging by your post count, amount of time spent in the man advice thread, and the stuff you say in there.

Really? Because Ive barely even posted in here the last few months.... shit I would say most of this year. I didnt know having standards makes someone shallow, but good to know. But sex-driven bro-creep...interesting