PO: Quicksand - Slip LP Reissue

Well that was just leftovers. Not really lame since they look so good and are sold out. They might get red later.

I didn't know there were leftovers. SRC "found" like 15 copies last month. didn't know there was enough to stock hottopic.com too. I meant it would be lame if they pressed more, making them less limited than 500. I doubt they are red, SRC doesn't even have these and it's their press.

TRAVIS!?!?!?!?!!?!?

If that really bothers you....you should just quit buying records.

ok, i will quit now. thanks.

I thought it was public info that plants press a 10% over or under on releases (this goes for each color). We keep getting overs when doing crazy colors. So HT got them as a treat! Everyone knows Travis is the bomb =)

yeah, I'm aware of that. just think it's lame that you "found" 15 copies of it and those sold out right away. Now all of the sudden, you "got some overs."

anyway, thanks for giving me the answer to my basic question. I have a copy of each already anyway, just wanted to make sure i didn't miss out on an exclusive.

ok, i will quit now. thanks.

yeah, I'm aware of that. just think it's lame that you "found" 15 copies of it and those sold out right away. Now all of the sudden, you "got some overs."

anyway, thanks for giving me the answer to my basic question. I have a copy of each already anyway, just wanted to make sure i didn't miss out on an exclusive.

HT got copies sent to them before we shipped our orders so it's not really lame at all. We always keep 15-25 copies for damaged/defects/lost packages/etc. Those are the "found copies". Would you rather have no exact replacement when USPS loses your package? See we always are thinking ahead to make customers happy. It's tough with these bigger major label releases. You get what you get and if your short cause a staff shipped the wrong color or damages happen there is no backup. So that is why we often "find" copies. Well unless I label a box wrong and we find it 6 months later..Saves the day hahaha. My bad. So you see lame is maybe the wrong word. I would like to think of it as planning! Regardless I appreciate you picking up this amazing release and supporting SRC.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a red one yesterday. I A/B'd it to the original. I have a hard time telling the difference, though I am tempted to say that the new version is a little more aggressive in the high end, like where the cymbals dwell. I also think I might be fooling myself. Essentially, they sound very similar. Both the new press and the OG appear to have been cut by Sterling, but bear different matrix numbers and impressions. I dunno. If you told me I was full of baloney and they were actually pressed off the same mothers, I might be inclined to think that was right. But somehow there seems to be some micro difference. Is there? Not sure. My current take: if you have either version you are on equal footing. You win. Cool.

(This is unlike when I A/B'd "Unfun" and the difference was insane: re-press the winner by far.)

I got a red one yesterday. I A/B'd it to the original. I have a hard time telling the difference, though I am tempted to say that the new version is a little more aggressive in the high end, like where the cymbals dwell. I also think I might be fooling myself. Essentially, they sound very similar. Both the new press and the OG appear to have been cut by Sterling, but bear different matrix numbers and impressions. I dunno. If you told me I was full of baloney and they were actually pressed off the same mothers, I might be inclined to think that was right. But somehow there seems to be some micro difference. Is there? Not sure. My current take: if you have either version you are on equal footing. You win. Cool.

(This is unlike when I A/B'd "Unfun" and the difference was insane: re-press the winner by far.)

I also recently picked up the repress and was confounded by what I was (or wasn't) hearing. I agree that having either one is satisfactory and the overall sound quality between the two is pretty much the same. But I also feel like I'm listening to two completely different albums in some respects. This was remastered for the repress, right? I feel like it resulted in a completely different listen. Someone mentioned a difference in How Soon is Now so I listened to that. The original only had the opening riff coming out of the left channel. The repress had it coming out of both. That is a dramatic difference. Or maybe I was hearing things. I did not have time to do a critical listen of the two albums but I plan to at some point. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's kind of confused by what they're hearing. I'm chalking it up to the remastering until further listening.