$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

If its a problem that will vanish once the turntable "breaks in" like they say, you could try just letting it run on 33rpm for awhile and see if the sound goes away.

I thought about that and I guess I will but I've had it for almost three weeks and used it for at least 5 hours I'd figure and it still does it. I thought maybe it was the belt so I took it off and it still makes the sound at 33, but not 45. And like I said, when I lightly put my finger against the spinning motor/pulley it doesn't make the sound so I'm assuming something about it is a little loose and is causing it to squeak at a slow speed. I don't know. 

5 hours is hardly a break in period for anything. Not saying it's that, but don't discount it yet.

That could very well be true. From looking around online I've found quite a few comments where people said theirs would squeak the moment they'd turn it on as the belt got tension on the plastic pulley, but it would go away almost immediately. Mine does it continuously and without the belt on at all so I don't know. And it's weird that it's only at one speed.

That could very well be true. From looking around online I've found quite a few comments where people said theirs would squeak the moment they'd turn it on as the belt got tension on the plastic pulley, but it would go away almost immediately. Mine does it continuously and without the belt on at all so I don't know. And it's weird that it's only at one speed.

Sounds like you need to email customer service!

Sounds like you need to email customer service!

Already did that. Explained in an earlier comment.

Have you felt the length of the belt and around the platter where it touches for spot that might have something wrong with it or stuck on it?

It has nothing to do with the belt. It makes the noise without the belt even on it. The sound is coming directly from the pulley/motor in the upper lefthand corner of the table, and only at 33rpm, not 45rpm. I'll give it some more time and see if it indeed "breaks in." I just really don't want to have to go through the hassle of sending it back and all that shit.

Can you put a drop of lubricating oil there? Sorry Im just throwing out some random guesses. The last one was based on something I had experienced but not a squeak and not a U-turn.

That's what I've been thinking about. I'm gonna look up a way to see if I can get some in where it needs to be and see if it helps. I definitely think something is just rubbing very slightly or something. 

Sounds like the 33 section on the motor pulley has some sort of imperfection or possibly mould swarf that or on 33 the belt runs at a different height on the platter and there is an imperfection there. The fact that it doesn't do it on 45 does seem to rule out problems with things like the motor itself, belt or the bearing.

They have these tubes of oil with a needle that might be perfect and Radioshack used to have it but dont here any more. Something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-CLP-PS-Precision-Shooter/dp/B0050GWAVG/ref=pd_sim_469_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FWDTSKDMSVHASP1ZBQP

So I ended up letting it spin for a bit without the belt and nothing changed so I stopped it, moved the pulley around a little bit and very gently put a little pressure on it pushing down and now it doesn't make the sound. No idea what did it but maybe it just wasn't set in place completely. I'll report back eventually if it starts up again.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

So I ended up letting it spin for a bit without the belt and nothing changed so I stopped it, moved the pulley around a little bit and very gently put a little pressure on it pushing down and now it doesn't make the sound. No idea what did it but maybe it just wasn't set in place completely. I'll report back eventually if it starts up again.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

got my u-turn orbit back in October. I remember it squeaking for a little bit, but that all went away. I think i agree with the breaking in theory. 

Hopefully it all works out.

I actually don't like anything about the way it looks, but I've read that the Bugle2 sonically outperforms everything in the sub-$1,000 range.

I don't doubt that, but the aesthetics would probably bother me a lot more than the sound quality. It is just such an odd design.

I don't doubt that, but the aesthetics would probably bother me a lot more than the sound quality. It is just such an odd design.

I'm very intrigued by this Bugle 2. I've been thinking about upgrading my preamp. I run a pretty basic (but functional) NAD PP3i, but figured I might replace it with something better - Bellari VP129, Lehmann Black Cube, or something like that, but based on the price (and if reviews are accurate), this could be a good option...

I'm very intrigued by this Bugle 2. I've been thinking about upgrading my preamp. I run a pretty basic (but functional) NAD PP3i, but figured I might replace it with something better - Bellari VP129, Lehmann Black Cube, or something like that, but based on the price (and if reviews are accurate), this could be a good option...

Not sure how much information is in the thread, but there was a thread on here for when the Bugle 2 was a kickstarter.