Fountains of Wayne- S/t & Utopia Parkway LPs

I don't think I've ever seen the "Radiation Vibe" video.

If the self-titled comes out and there's an issue with 'Utopia Parkway', I'ma gonna be pissed. I've also got an original self-titled and have been DYING for 'Utopia Parkway' since it came out in 1999. Yes, I've waited 13 years I can wait a little longer, but knowing it's on the horizon but keeps getting pushed back is *killing* me.

I saw them on near the end of 2002 when they were road testing material for the at-the-time in the works third album. They did "Stacy's Mom" as an encore track and I remember thinking that it was going to make a fun b-side but it was certainly the weakest of the new songs played that night. (I don't remember everything else, but I know "Mexican Wine", "Hackensack" and "Bright Future In Sales" were also played - I still think "Bright Future In Sales" should have been a single.)

It also rubbed me a bit the wrong way because they never wanted to release their version of "Baby, One More Time" even as a b-side because of the novelty factor, yet four years later they release an even bigger novelty song as a single.

That said, it probably saved their career and is likely the reason they're still around today. And, without it being blasted everywhere every five minutes, it's kind of fun to listen to every now and again. But it certainly isn't the track that their body of work should be judged by.

Anyways, these first two LPs are absolutely essential - the first slightly more than the second, but the first also doesn't have "Denise".

I personally like Utopia Parkway more than their self title but that is just personal preference. Always liked this band but love the direction they headed with their last album. Did not expect it but honestly if a band was gonna re-invent themselves and keep their signature wit than this was the way to go. Sky Full Of Holes is such a summer album in a different way. I will always miss their quirky power pop rock from their early days but its nice to have multiple sounds by a band. Hope to see them live one day.

I personally like Utopia Parkway more than their self title but that is just personal preference. Always liked this band but love the direction they headed with their last album. Did not expect it but honestly if a band was gonna re-invent themselves and keep their signature wit than this was the way to go. Sky Full Of Holes is such a summer album in a different way. I will always miss their quirky power pop rock from their early days but its nice to have multiple sounds by a band. Hope to see them live one day.

I completely agree about 'Sky Full of Holes' - such a fantastic return after the dreadful 'Traffic & Weather', which I still just can't listen to.

Definitely catch them live if you can - I saw them for the fourth time (once for each album bar 'T&W') and they're probably better live than they ever have been...and they were always fantastic. I had tickets to see them again a few weeks back but it was right after the hurricane and transportation was still screwed up so I didn't have a really good way to get to the venue.

says this album has ship date of 12/11

This record has been pushed back more and more

Yep Roc site doesnt even have it listed

To the person who had one shipped. Take pictures when you get it.

At this point its like the crowes- southern and amorica reissues. May be an urban legend with how much this has been pushed back

• 7 months later...