Kmart sells vinyl?

Their website is so broken and featureless. Only sorting options are by title, artist, date available (thought it would sort by actually available items first but that's not the case so maybe it's when they were added to the site?), and best sellers.

Have had absolutely no luck adding back ordered or pre-order records. Chatted with a customer service guy and he said the record I was trying to pre-order had too many orders on it(?) and that there's no option to be notified when back ordered items come back in stock(???) (wouldn't this feature take someone two hours to make so I don't need to keep checking the site to see if their inventory has changed?), but I don't think anyone understands what the actual issue is. Some records don't like being in the cart at the same time, so I can mix and match any three of the six I want.

Had a thought that Kmart might one of those sites that works best with Internet Explorer but it isn't proving to be any better than Chrome.

I did make an order earlier in the week that apparently shipped out via two-day priority mail (for only a dollar!). I'll report back here but I'm kinda selfishly trying to not have too many people find out about this because knowing VC it'll become a complete shit-show just like the Oldies sale did. Best case scenario: Kmart/Sears realizes people want records and they fix some of the problems on their site; worst case: Kmart gives up completely and we get a 50+ page thread of people bitching about how they feel cheated.

in J'ville, NC 1970s, I could ride my bike to Kmart and buy all the prog and top 40 - Steve Miller, Kansas, Eagles, Yes, Tull, Led Zep, Jeff Beck, etc. for less than $5 on sale; I had to hitch a ride to the real record shops closer to Camp LeJeune to get more esoteric stuff the young Marines were trading in and out all the time.

When I think of Kmart, I always think of this album which never seemed to sell in the 3 or 4 years I was there buying vinyl with my lawn mowing money ;)

Jump_On_It_(Montrose_album).jpg

It's almost as if they don't want you to put too many items in your cart. Once I hit 3 records, they don't seem to allow anything else in. Anyway today I got Death Grips Money Store, Dr. Dre Chronic, and Wu Tang Enter… for under $40 shipped. 10% back if you have a Discover card and you go through shopdiscover affiliate link.

Anyone bought a record, like... in an actual K-Mart? I haven't been in one for a while even though there's one in my town, I've always just gone to Target, Wal-Mart in a pinch. Do they have a vinyl section?

I highly doubt it. The store I worked for didn't have one. It's probably like a Best Buy thing (carry it online but not in stores)

Try this. This is what I used since Kmart and Sears are one in the same. It wouldn't let me add anything on back order or out of stock but everything else was good....

http://entertainment.sears.com/music/dcs?ft=lp+vinyl

Just ordered a NOFX record via this method ... we'll see how it works out. Hell, for $12 shipped, how couldn't I?

• 2 weeks later...