Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

I'm pretty much in disbelief that there's < 100 copies left on Deftones' site, having gone up just earlier this morning.  Who knew everyone would be in such a rush to shell out $40 for a single LP?

No shit! This is why vinyl prices keep climbing. These morons think there's really something special about the foil and the number?  I understand the collectors who wish to acquire every variant to a point but there's no way I'm spending ANY more money on this record. I bought the cassette and my download wouldn't even work.

No shit! This is why vinyl prices keep climbing. These morons think there's really something special about the foil and the number?  I understand the collectors who wish to acquire every variant to a point but there's no way I'm spending ANY more money on this record. I bought the cassette and my download wouldn't even work.

Ya but that foil is so nice, i need to spend $40 so i can put that shit up on my wall. 

The different in vinyl weight will make zero difference in sound quality... and outside of the foil stamp, it doesn't sound like there's anything special about the presentation or packaging.  I have the funds to grab it, but it's truly the principle of the matter, for the reason you just outlined.  I refuse to be part of the crowd who mumble while reaching for their wallets when the next Deftones LP launches for $60.

If it was a far more limited press, or if it was a x2 LP, or even if it was the clear variant... I'd really be wrestling with myself.  But it's pretty easy to shrug at this point.  More power to anyone who's trying to complete their collection, though - their label really knows how to wring their fans' wallets.  I remember thinking Diamond Eyes for $27 PPD was absurd.