iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

i dont have an iphone, but i was waiting for the 10mp camera.

or like nokia's 808 41mp smartphone, but nokia's are kinda lame, who ya think will have the next better camera? apple or android, i think android, im a photographer, i have my dslrs, but its nice to have a good camera in the phone.

and 8mp is good too...

i dont have an iphone, but i was waiting for the 10mp camera.

or like nokia's 808 41mp smartphone, but nokia's are kinda lame, who ya think will have the next better camera? apple or android, i think android, im a photographer, i have my dslrs, but its nice to have a good camera in the phone.

and 8mp is good too...

Phones in the next 5 years probally still won't have the quality photographers expect though. MPs really don't mean shit on phones because the lens and everything isnt as advanced most of what it does is just simulated by software.

If you're buying a phone based on the camera, wow. That said, everyone who already has an iPhone will stick with it. I've yet to see someone go from iPhone to Android in my experience. Apple has been making a killing on releasing under-spec hardware on phones. All the Androids have been running all the new iPhone specs for a long time now. And being a tech geek there's no way I'm switching from Android to the iPhone.

Phones in the next 5 years probally still won't have the quality photographers expect though. MPs really don't mean shit on phones because the lens and everything isnt as advanced most of what it does is just simulated by software.

If you're buying a phone based on the camera, wow. That said, everyone who already has an iPhone will stick with it. I've yet to see someone go from iPhone to Android in my experience. Apple has been making a killing on releasing under-spec hardware on phones. All the Androids have been running all the new iPhone specs for a long time now. And being a tech geek there's no way I'm switching from Android to the iPhone.

oh i know, that image processing and censors are not at all close to that of a dslr, but...when you lug around 2 bodies all day its nice to be able to take a decent picture with your phone. (have you seen that Polaroid print thing for iphones?)

but camera specs would be a key thing for me when buying a phone. i use the HTC Amaze, 8mp camera, with butt load of options. and apple finally released the panorama mode, thats cool. and faster picture taking by 40%...i dont hate apple, just android appeals to me more.

It's easy to constantly be upping the specs when you release a new phone literally every month. Android is running on like 100 different phones and the OS isn't the same on all of them. They are all variations built for each model. Which causes one Android user to have updates and things that others don't, plus it's a huge pain for developers hence the lower number of apps compared to apple.

People forget when comparing an iPhone to Android phones that the iPhone is one device one OS. Not 100 with multiple android OSs.

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just saying that yeah they are both phones, but approached muh differently by their different companies. Apple has one new phone every year or two and they build a quality product that will be relevant during that time. Android is not a phone it's an OS thats put on hundreds of phones from different companies many of them are cheap and complete rubbish. So you can't just compare an iPhone to an "Android" phone because that doesn't mean anything.

People forget when comparing an iPhone to Android phones that the iPhone is one device one OS. Not 100 with multiple android OSs.

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just saying that yeah they are both phones, but approached muh differently by their different companies. Apple has one new phone every year or two and they build a quality product that will be relevant during that time. Android is not a phone it's an OS thats put on hundreds of phones from different companies many of them are cheap and complete rubbish. So you can't just compare an iPhone to an "Android" phone because that doesn't mean anything.

you pretty much articulated everything ive always struggled to put into words on this topic.

yes

yes

yes

Care to elaborate?

Well I don't mean under-spec but maybe behind-the-spec for the time it's released. But like waytansea27 said, Apple releases one phone every year so they don't have a chance to keep up with the 4-5 phone makers cranking out new phones every 3 months. One thing I do like about the iPhone and hate about Android phones is the segmentation of OS versions. Sucks having to get a new phone because they won't release the newest Android OS on your current phone.

It's easy to constantly be upping the specs when you release a new phone literally every month. Android is running on like 100 different phones and the OS isn't the same on all of them. They are all variations built for each model. Which causes one Android user to have updates and things that others don't' date=' plus it's a huge pain for developers hence the lower number of apps compared to apple.

[/quote']

The reason there are so many Android devices is because it's an open OS like Linux. Anyone who pays attention to the OS knows what the high end devices are (HTC One X, Galaxy SIII, ect). For someone on a message board centered around music you shouldn't be so dismissive of variety and choice. Not everyone needs/can afford a high end device so a free/entry level smartphone should be available for them.

App development on Android is not lacking in the least bit, the reason most iphone-first apps take a while to migrate is because they are using 2 completely different frameworks, and side loading hurts app sales (an issue that will not exist with Jelly Bean), but trust me. We're not hurting for apps like Windows Phone 8.

Well I don't mean under-spec but maybe behind-the-spec for the time it's released.

So what's it behind on?

Best in class rear-facing camera? More so now, then again, no other phone can still top the 4S. The A6 chip? Hell, last year's A5 still performs better than most on the market. It's got LTE now. It's also got 5ghz Wireless. It's got HD voice capability - the only other phone on the market is the HTC EVO 4G. Still has a best-in-class LCD screen, now with better color saturation and integrated touch panel. Speaking of the touch panel, few phones offers a better touch experience as it is.

So what's it missing then, in your opinion?

NFC? Well, that's going really great for Google, right? An actual 4" screen? Okay, sure, I'll give you that. Not everybody wants a 4.6" phone, however. Maybe its not thin enough?

I'm very curious to know what its "behind-the-spec" on.

1324222_o.gif

milkymilky.jpg

I don't get why people are pissed about this. If you buy a new phone you get the wire with it. And the reason they upgraded was to improve the product. It transfers data faster, something the old wire couldn't do. If they didn't update it, people would bitch that so-and-so phone transfers data soo much quicker. You can't win with people. Did you really think they'd use that same wire forever?

As for your new phone fitting your old devices like radios and docks etc. Well to that I say, so what. Chances are you've had it for a while anyway and could use the update. And for those who recently just purchased a new piece of equipment, well then the adaptor is for you. I swear people think that they should buy an electronic device and have it relevant for the next 10 years. My girlfriend's father is this way. If it's that big of a deal keep the old phone.

And I personally don't like the 5th row of apps on the phone, I like the size it's been. But it might be kind of cool having that little extra screen real estate for videos etc. As long as they don't go super huge like that one phone that's out and is like 6".

I know I sound like I'm a crazy fanboy defending Apple, but I'm really not. I just hate when people make huge deals out of things that are new only to embrace it a couple months later and love it.