Looking to buy a pair of leather boots

I got a pair of Red Wing 875's about six months ago, they're pretty expensive but from what i've heard and been told, they'll probably last the rest of my life if i take care of them. They look great, too. You get what you pay for when it comes to boots for sure and i can't recommend Red Wing enough!

blg_redwings.jpg

Got pair of the taller ones of these 2 years ago on a crazy sale (got em for about 60% off) and I've never looked back at another kind of boot, Red Wing won't disappoint.

I recently got the red wings I had posted earlier: the 9014's.

jeeze these are a bitch to break in. my ankles have some fucking brusies and shit while wearing them. I know it'll be worth it in the end. Anyone have any suggestions for quicker breaking in techniques other than wearing the shit out of them and dealing with the pain... or doing that weird water immersion method.

I recently got the red wings I had posted earlier: the 9014's.

jeeze these are a bitch to break in. my ankles have some fucking brusies and shit while wearing them. I know it'll be worth it in the end. Anyone have any suggestions for quicker breaking in techniques other than wearing the shit out of them and dealing with the pain... or doing that weird water immersion method.

Don't do the water immersion thing, it'll end up drying them out. Get yourself some thick socks and just stick it out, that's what i did and they're now getting really comfortable. You're better off wearing them little and often than for a single long period of time which will leave you in too much pain to wear them for another week.

Don't do the water immersion thing, it'll end up drying them out. Get yourself some thick socks and just stick it out, that's what i did and they're now getting really comfortable. You're better off wearing them little and often than for a single long period of time which will leave you in too much pain to wear them for another week.

Yeah, I had a lot of doubts about that water method. I've just been wearing them to work (bout 20 minute walk to train, stand on train for like 15 minutes, 5 minute walk to work), change shoes at work to old converse and wear those until it's time to go home. Then repeat.

The issue I'm having is that I think my ankle bone protrudes a little much, so it gets really fucking painful there. Times like this I'm glad I have some tylenol at work :)

• 10 months later...

bumping this cause im looking to get into the boot game myself, think ive grown out of wearing skate shoes every day

Red Wing. I absolutely love mine. Aside from that, my only recommendation is to man up and spend some wedge on a pair cos you get what you pay for when it comes to boots.

I have a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers and love them. Sturdy as hell and I get compliments all day, can't recommend them enough. My Clarks Desert Bushacres are also fantastic for when I want to change it up or it's too hot for my IR's.

Really want a pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles or Red Wing Beckmans. But I'll wait until I spot a good deal. Or my holy grail: OSB Trench Boot.

• 1 month later...