woman punched in the face by philly cop

Kinda looks like he was trying to grab her. If you see at first someone splashes the cops so they turn around and she is right there. You should probably just not put yourself in these situations.

Yeah, spraying silly string at a parade is a terrible life decision. You should probably just remain huddled in your bedroom corner with the lights out the next time you feel the need to make mirth.

spraying silly string at a parade is one thing (though it doesn't look like she was doing that), but it seems to me like the parade is over (that black car trying to drive through the intersection doesn't exactly look like a float...). besides, something about a crowd of cops congregating around something makes me think something was going on, and if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be jumping around hollering and approaching them.

looks to me like someone splashes beer or water at the cops and, as they turn around, she's quickly walking away and looking over her shoulder (while maybe still yelling at the cops?). the cop aggressively reaches to grab her on the shoulder as she starts to walk faster, but she stops and his hand gets her in the face instead of the shoulder. he seems a bit stunned when she hits the ground, which makes me think he's like "oh shit, that wasn't supposed to happen" (as opposed to "oh shit, video of me punching a girl is gonna go viral")

anyhoo, was (what I'm thinking was) an aggressive reach necessary? probably not, but I'm with tellallyourfriends in the sense that you should probably stay on the sidelines whenever police are involved. I guess I'm of the thinking that if you treat cops with respect, they'll treat you with respect, and I'm not able to confidently say that she was being respectful. and if you're the type that thinks that the cops are out to get you, then you sure as hell shouldn't be jumping around hollering while they're trying to do their job... unless, of course, you want to get punched.

then again, maybe I'm wrong. she might have been yelling "thank you for serving and protecting!", the guy who splashes the water might have just been trying to cool off the cops on a nice, sunny day, and the cop coulda been like "damn, I wanna punch a bitch... [water splashes; officer turns and sees woman] BINGO!"

That wasnt a punch? He just straight up swung his fist at her face. It didnt look like he was trying to grab anything.

I was just nitpicking. Every definition of a punch (straight, uppercut, jab, hook) all involve a fist to head/body contact. You can't punch with your forearm. That was all.

Here's what I saw:

-Some random person throws what looks to be like water at the cops.

-At the same time, this girl starts walking toward the cops (maybe crossing the street?) but gets splashed with the liquid at the same time as the cops

-She turns around to confront the mystery liquid thrower, at the same time the cops turn around and see her walking away from them with a bottle of water in her hand, immediately making her guilty in the cops' mind

-He goes to subdue her thinking she (incorrectly) threw water at them. Hard to tell if he purposely punched her or not.

looks a bit aggressive, but she was definitely not just walking by when this happened, looks like she is yelling and she is spraying silly string at cops, which is ridiculous....

Also, other people had their phones out filming, so there was definitely something going on

PHONES CAN'T FUCKING FILM!

WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LOAD FILM INTO YOUR PHONE? WHERE? SHOW ME!!!!