crime in stereo is BACK

Can someone help me understand what makes this hardcore? I grew up listening to bands like Grimlock, Hatebreed, Torn Apart, 10 Yard Fight, whatever and that will always be my definition of hardcore. I can't really hear the resemblance with these dudes.

Now, that doesn't make my definition right. I put it out there for context. I'm not trolling you, just don't understand. This sounds like punk or what I might even call pop-punk? I don't want to hijack the thread and I know shit like this has been discussed ad nauseum so feel free to PM me an answer.

Can someone help me understand what makes this hardcore? I grew up listening to bands like Grimlock, Hatebreed, Torn Apart, 10 Yard Fight, whatever and that will always be my definition of hardcore. I can't really hear the resemblance with these dudes.

Now, that doesn't make my definition right. I put it out there for context. I'm not trolling you, just don't understand. This sounds like punk or what I might even call pop-punk? I don't want to hijack the thread and I know shit like this has been discussed ad nauseum so feel free to PM me an answer.

It's a way of life, man.

Even their first CD doesn't seem to be anything close to hardcore, but its all relative.

It is relative. People always call Lifetime a hardcore band even after Hello Bastards. It is what it is, except its determined by a consensus. Crime In Stereo has been voted into the hardcore category. I guess they'll accept their awards and head to the back for refreshments.

It's a way of life, man.

Exactly. It's not so much that they sound like a typical hardcore band, but that they run in the hardcore circuit and have the same mentality about things.

It's the same reason why we call bands like Gaslight punk when they are more closely related to rock. It's just about how you approach things and the bands you tour with etc.

It's all semantics, but by saying a band is hardcore doesn't mean that thy necessarily sound a specific way.

Exactly. It's not so much that they sound like a typical hardcore band, but that they run in the hardcore circuit and have the same mentality about things.

It's the same reason why we call bands like Gaslight punk when they are more closely related to rock. It's just about how you approach things and the bands you tour with etc.

It's all semantics, but by saying a band is hardcore doesn't mean that thy necessarily sound a specific way.

I'll buy that. I won't buy that these kids are hardcore, but I'll buy that.

Allow me to step out and allow you all continue in your shared excitement.

I'll buy that. I won't buy that these kids are hardcore, but I'll buy that.

Allow me to step out and allow you all continue in your shared excitement.

seriously? I dont know them too well, ive known alex and Kristian for a long time, and their old bassist, they're all LIHC kids. they went to/still go to hardcore shows on the island. just because they're not chuggachugga hardcore doesnt mean that they're not from that scene.

if thats your definition of hardcore, where do bad brains, gorilla buiscits, youth of today, minor threat all fall in? they were hardcore bands before any of those bands you mentioned, but dont sound like them, so are they not hardcore bands?

It is relative. People always call Lifetime a hardcore band even after Hello Bastards. It is what it is, except its determined by a consensus. Crime In Stereo has been voted into the hardcore category. I guess they'll accept their awards and head to the back for refreshments.

Crime in Stereo is on B9 which defaults them as Hardcore

Lemuria is Hardcore too

GG chumpz! :P