Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

I guess mindless is too broad of a term. It's OK if a song and lyrics are not deep and philosophical or mind-blowingly revelatory.

I'm trying to not come off as a Taylor Swift apologist. Her music and style will not appeal to some. And that's cool. Listen to whatever music makes you happy. Regardless of style and genre and whatnot.

i've always viewed taylor swift as an immature child that will never grow up. like a lady michael jackson. i'd hardly say there's an "adult" feel to any of her music.

But have you ever listened to her non radio friendly music? Granted it is very country, but if you listen to that, I definately sense a very adult feel. Even from her new RED alb, listen to all too well. That won't make it on any pop radio and very much sounds adult (at least to me). Most of her speak now album is very adult sounding besides the obvious radio songs made to nurture her fame.

you had an unhealthy obsession for a 16 year old

(I hope you were 16 then also)

Totally! Dude you totally get it! You know what else, I still do and she got older! What music do you like? I must know what I'm missing out on. Maybe if we called her dj swift, you might like it!

Totally! Dude you totally get it! You know what else, I still do and she got older! What music do you like? I must know what I'm missing out on. Maybe if we called her dj swift, you might like it!

Listen, you can listen to whatever you want, doesn't bother, but I just can't understand how grown men can listen to some girl singing lyrics like this:

And I'm like ... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like, We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

what the fuck is that? HAHAHA, those are real lyrics

Listen, you can listen to whatever you want, doesn't bother, but I just can't understand how grown men can listen to some girl singing lyrics like this:

And I'm like ... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like, We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

what the fuck is that? HAHAHA, those are real lyrics

Once again, everyone bashing her only gets the radio pop that she makes solely to keep her pop fans in tact. Of course we know that those "lyrics" are silly, but that's the point. Since when does all music have to be far, serious, deeply meaningful and require a tattoo because it means so much to you? I mean, if it bothers you that much, then why don't you just listen to a "record that's much cooler than hers." I'm 25, and I happily wear t swift shirts, spend stupid amounts of money in tickets to see her 3 times in concert where I see more "grown ass men" than I can count happily singing along to both her good songs as well as her pop songs, and very happy to do so, and blast those songs so loud in my car that I blow out my speakers. And once again, I implore you to give other/non-radio swift songs a chance. If then you still can't get it, then I don't know what else to say.

I'm not bashing anyone for liking this. However, if you like this and not kesha and pink and all the other artists that they play at the same time then you just have a weird bias towards taylor swift. Most people that claim to like taylor swift do it to be ironic. I know that. However, I know that Juan is a true fan and I respect that. 

I'm not bashing anyone for liking this. However, if you like this and not kesha and pink and all the other artists that they play at the same time then you just have a weird bias towards taylor swift. Most people that claim to like taylor swift do it to be ironic. I know that. However, I know that Juan is a true fan and I respect that. 

love P!nk but can't stand Ke$ha... something about her songs I can't do. 

Juan, you get all the credit!

Why do people come into threads just to complain about the artist of said thread?  I'm convinced some of you are 13.

i've totally done this and then became a fan of the artist.

what's even more confusing to me is why people come into threads to complain about people who complain about the artist. it's like some of you are 8!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...