Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

I think I bought stuff from AWS, but it was on ebay and the username was different. I'm pretty sure it was the same dude though because he was selling similar shit and shipping from New Zealand. Anyway I had issues with him, it took a long ass time to get my records but he communicated well with me. I was in the same boat, I was buying rare records and I really wanted them, anyway they finally came and he even threw in some extra free shit for the trouble.

$700 is a lot of money but with age comes disposable income. I didn't buy a single record for 4-5 years as I finished grad school and started my career. As I've gotten older and my priorities have shifted I find myself spending more on music as I'm not able to go out as much since I have a family. I wouldn't pass a value judgement on someone like this without knowing who they are and what their life really is. Yes, it is a high number but to question his priorities wasn't really necessary. This isn't our man in Florida or the Bronx, ha ha.

Thanks. Made my night. I have noticed that you are exactly correct with the disposable income. I am 34 and found that with a wife and kids, long ago are the days of going out to dinner or for drinks. That is more reserved for a date night with my wife once a month or so. I did sweat spending that much, but with buying a lot from one seller I was able to haggle and get good prices. ie: AM! self titled for $100, and the acoustic ep coffee for $40. These don't surface too often and certainly from what I have seen not for that amount. I hope it is just a shipping error. Aws seemed like a really good person to deal with, and I was hoping to continue to buy from him. He has a TON of AM! vinyl.

you have 3 kids and you're putting your wife through school, and are still spending $700 on records?????? $100 on just 1 record too. and you think you have your priorities straight and in check. mind boggling stupidity. plus you got ripped off which i have no sympathy for at this point with your backwats logic. comparing a drug habit to spending money on variants you won't play, and if you do will sound the same as every other variant, is retarded. viewing drugs as a hobby is also a huge stretch to say the least.

comparing records to cars? at least with cars they will increase in value with age. i can guarantee that against me records will not increase in value as time goes on like a car will. so if the shit hits the fan and you need to stop your hobby for unexpected financial conerns, which you feel is not worth protecting yourself against or you're immune to, you will at the very least get you money back if not make a profit. have fun spending 700 on your hobby in one pop when that could go towards more than half of keeping your family healthy.

Cheers nips. I am not going to let someone that I don't know affect me here or any decisions that I made. And I am certainly not going to let it affect my enjoyment of coming on the vinyl collective. No need to respond, I have nothing else to say to you nor will respond to.

yea, I escalated mine too. I am wicked pissed. More than the money there was some rare shit I was buying that I have let pass by because I "thought" I was the owner of. I wasn't going to let the 45 days go up and be screwed with pay-pal and let aws get away with this.

How long have you been waiting for your goods from aws?

I paid him on July 13th and he said he shipped it out on the 17th

comparing records to cars? at least with cars they will increase in value with age. i can guarantee that against me records will not increase in value as time goes on like a car will.

Cars lose roughly 30% of their value as soon as they're driven off the lot. Unless you're restoring a super-old, vintage car or something, cars are always depreciate in value.

No kidding! I paid him on July 14th and he said he shipped it July 17th. What made me suspicious was when I asked him for the shipping tracking info, he said he would get it and I never heard back. Thats when I went to paypal and let them know, waited 2 days with no reply, so I escalated the claim

Bought a record off jordyedge that was supposedly shipped June 28 (Canada Post strike and all, that was around the first day they were back on duty) and still haven't received it (Aug 11). The last message I got from him was July 19, said his account was disabled or something but had apparently shipped the record 2 weeks prior. Tried messaging him again Aug 9 and July 21, in my outbox it shows neither message was opened and I still don't have the record.

Super nice guy and if his word was good, shipped as soon as he could, but seems to be hard to reach to keep in contact. Last message I got he said if it didn't show up within a few days he'd refund me but again, that was going on 4 weeks ago already.

Still waiting to hear back on this, anyone else heard from him yet?

Guest karmamook1
you have 3 kids and you're putting your wife through school, and are still spending $700 on records?????? $100 on just 1 record too. and you think you have your priorities straight and in check. mind boggling stupidity. plus you got ripped off which i have no sympathy for at this point with your backwats logic. comparing a drug habit to spending money on variants you won't play, and if you do will sound the same as every other variant, is retarded. viewing drugs as a hobby is also a huge stretch to say the least.

comparing records to cars? at least with cars they will increase in value with age. i can guarantee that against me records will not increase in value as time goes on like a car will. so if the shit hits the fan and you need to stop your hobby for unexpected financial conerns, which you feel is not worth protecting yourself against or you're immune to, you will at the very least get you money back if not make a profit. have fun spending 700 on your hobby in one pop when that could go towards more than half of keeping your family healthy.

You're stupid.

aweaver:
i was totally joking, i think you sound like an overzealous dick in your messages, and i would rather buy vinyl from walmart than give you money.

This kid resorted to name-calling for the simple fact that I advised him to go ahead and buy the records he wanted off of me from ebay since he said the records were $.99 as it was not worth it. He gave me a new price, I agreed, putting aside his antics, then he felt the need to send this PM and more to follow.

I know he's trying to sell of some records on here, so beware of his hostile and immature attitude.

EDIT: I am actually in the process of figuring out how to block this user as he feels the need to fill my inbox with paragraphs of crude messages.

sent an apology letter for that comment, i did not fill your inbox with crude msg's, i'm sure you will find that no one on here has had anything but a good experience with me, i don't care if you want to talk about me in this forum, just get your facts straight first

for the record, i made this guy an offer on two highly common tears for fears albums and an al green album, my offer was quote "not worth the hassle". i told him i was willing to go a little higher, and he told me to go buy it off ebay since i wanted to quote the current price listings from there, gee, no one ever goes off of what ebay is selling things for right? how absurd of me. i made a joke offer of 20ppd for the three, after he told me to go F myself basically, and he was all over that. pfff. you can sell the records for as much as you want, if they'll pay, or as little as you want, thats your choice. but when someone is making you an offer, when you dont even know how much you want for something, and they offer to work out a new offer, should the proper response be "im not gonna haggle over pennies, go buy it off ebay, have a great week"?

its whatever, i have done countless trades, sales, and purchases on here, a ton of people could attest to my credibility, i have never had one problem.

Bought a record off jordyedge that was supposedly shipped June 28 (Canada Post strike and all, that was around the first day they were back on duty) and still haven't received it (Aug 11). The last message I got from him was July 19, said his account was disabled or something but had apparently shipped the record 2 weeks prior. Tried messaging him again Aug 9 and July 21, in my outbox it shows neither message was opened and I still don't have the record.

Super nice guy and if his word was good, shipped as soon as he could, but seems to be hard to reach to keep in contact. Last message I got he said if it didn't show up within a few days he'd refund me but again, that was going on 4 weeks ago already.

Still waiting to hear back on this, anyone else heard from him yet?

He told me he's not allowed on here or DF anymore or something. I got through to him on ebay messaging. He has the same name there.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Cars don't value with age---they are worth less than you paid the minute you drive off the lot.

people actually drop $700 on records at one time? think how far that money can go for actual useful shit like car payments or rent or mortage payments or food or utility bills or credit card bills or car insurance or cable bills or cell phone bills or internet bills or gas money or health insurance or even putting it in the bank to accrue interest.

Why is it any of your business what people spend on records? Who are you---the Vinyl Collective mom?

i'll address the car thing for the two idiots who probably have more extra fat than brains and feel the need to troll weeks after my initial post. all those cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's definitely lost value after driving off the lot. considering most cost no more than $10k new and are worth at least $50k now if not over $200K. so yeah i think buying a car is a much better investment than against me records that have at least 15 pressings at this point. if you idiots really thought i was talking about buying a new ford fiesta or kia soul then you have more mental capacity problems than the initial idiot dropping $700 on what will be worthless against me in a few years.

and no i am not the "Vinyl Collective mom." i am the Vinyl Cllective grandma, one step up. thanks for playing though; go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Who cares man. Let people spend there money they work for whatever way they choose. Who cares if its not what you would do with the money. If he is taking care of his family then fine let it be. As for the car thing some comments just should'nt be made. If The guy likes Against Me! that much to want to drive 700 bucks than no big deal.

I did get refunded my full $700 from pay pal. Don't know what happened, just glad it worked out for me and the other buyer. Nips is correct, that is a lot to spend on records. I am going to take that money and use it for a deposit on a new KTM 350 enduro dirt bike. And guess what? I couldn't care less how much it depreciates in value off the lot, because I am going to have a blast riding it. He/They don't deserve the right to cast judgment on others. Its a shame people (nips) get off bashing others on forums hiding comfortably behind a computer screen.

I would ignore his/their posts, they obviously get a high out of degrading others, don't give them the opportunity and they will eventually move on.

Jeremiah

i'll address the car thing for the two idiots who probably have more extra fat than brains and feel the need to troll weeks after my initial post. all those cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's definitely lost value after driving off the lot. considering most cost no more than $10k new and are worth at least $50k now if not over $200K. so yeah i think buying a car is a much better investment than against me records that have at least 15 pressings at this point. if you idiots really thought i was talking about buying a new ford fiesta or kia soul then you have more mental capacity problems than the initial idiot dropping $700 on what will be worthless against me in a few years.

and no i am not the "Vinyl Collective mom." i am the Vinyl Cllective grandma, one step up. thanks for playing though; go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I love how people find it easy to talk shit behind a computer screen.

i don't want to intrude, but after living with a fab/mechanic/graphic painter on classic/sports cars, those prices are not cars that have appreciated in value on their own. those are cars that have been overhauled to exceed factory specs if anything. usually unless a cars is limited (1/???) it's gonna depreciate unless you keep it in a showroom new (complete body overhaul/exterior/interior/etc) of sort. when i lived with him he had just purchased a 39' 4 door master deluxe for 1900. unless it was hot rodded out to showroom spec, it wouldn't be nearly to 50k. aNd numbered cars aren't cheap to begin with anyway so there goes buying a cheap car and expecting it to appreciate over the years.

all this talk about classics cars makes me wish i had one.