Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Heads up....had a bad experience with Uniquestyle88.

PMed him about a TMR record and paid immediately after he responded. He seemed legit since his FS list had lines through it implying he had made sales previously. Unfortunately, he still didnt have feedback so i took a chance. Its been over 2 weeks (purchased 3/23) and received no tracking and not one response from my four messages asking him for tracking or some sort of update. He was quick to respond when i asked if the record was available and even assured me it would be packaged securely. I am willing to bet this is never coming though at this point with no response in 5 days and going on 3 weeks for a domestic shipment. 

I'm Coop's roommate who got the 7 inch, and believe me, I was pissed the instant I saw the "package" (and I use the term loosely) - 2 pieces of cardboard with one small piece of tape on each side. No bubble wrap, no extra cardboard inserts, not even a plastic bag. The best part about it is that when Coop was trying to get some money back, this jackass tries to claim the Borgo Pass split is worth $50. After Coop showed him Collectors Frenzy, Popsike, and countless other sites showing it selling around $15 all day, he says that you "can't base the value of a record on what people pay for it." What the fuck else can you base the value on? This dude sucks.

...when the hell did I ever say that split was worth 50 dollars? Please quote me in the message where I sent that statement because that is obviously a lie. Well sir, to bring some truth into this your friend tried to claim to me that The Record Play was EASILY worth 75 bucks, and I will post that if you wish. But whatever dude. Both of you suck. It was apparent after a few messages back and forth that you two were trying to get over on me... maybe the LP was acceptable to him but perhaps he saw a way of trying to push me into refunding him what he wanted because of the condition (occasionally what buyers on eBay will do)... or maybe he thought he overpaid? If you didn't like it, fine, then all I asked was to send it back for a full refund and I'd cover shipment but once your demands weren't cutting it and your options ran out you two wanted to plaster me on this board. Why would he keep the record if he was so unsatisfied? I wasn't going to keep the records and not refund him, that's not me. The offer is still on the table to get his refund.

Oh and if you know anything, value is what an individual places on a record and NOT what it just randomly went to auction for. It's a general consensus of what a record has sold for but does not mean you can bully someone into saying 'OH well this record went for that amount so it's how much it's worth'. Not how it works bro. Everyone has their own value to every record. Our opinions on each record were different. So be it. 

A popsike price was never sent to me from your boy, in fact popsike does not even list that split. And the countless others... what countless others? He showed me one website. Stop fucking lying. 

Theres a guy that I've been scammed twice from now (got my money back both times)  His real name is Jordan Reidinger.  Beware.  He's used multiple accounts.

F this dude hard

this is jordyXedge from dead format and live in shithole indiana right?

http://deadformat.net/topic/34206 - topic about him fucking up multiple deals. Seems like he fixed most of them, but shows a track record of being a bum at the very least.

http://deadformat.net/topic/34425 - and here he admits to being a bad seller

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.reidinger - here is his facebook . I had to message him there when he was ignoring my pms

looks like he got a new account because he still collects records. Anyone have his latest profiles. Also I heard he broke edge.

Anybody ever purchase something bonus? I bought something from him on dead format.  

It's been two months and I haven't received anything yet. He messaged me twice. 

bonus Wednesday, February 20, 2013 @ 6:26 am

"Hey sorry been busy working. How soon? They sai it would be like 7-14 days or somethig silly"

bonus Wednesday, March 20, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

"hey sorry, not been back on. i just sent regular airmail. i have my return address on it just in case as usual anyway. ill have a look into it tho and get back to oyu as im on holiday from work now"

He was mentioned here years ago, but he responded and it looked like all was resolved. 

Past 45 days. I don't really do claims. Usually when it's in that realm, a person would have closed their account and you get nothing back. I'm just going to wait it out a bit longer, as he resolved a shipment in the past. 

I thought you couldn't close a paypal account if you had any transactions still within the dispute window. Seems like closing an account right after getting paid would be an evil way to rip someone off.

I thought you couldn't close a paypal account if you had any transactions still within the dispute window. Seems like closing an account right after getting paid would be an evil way to rip someone off.

I known a few cases where people have paid individuals and they have closed the account after receipt of payment. 

AVOID THIS BAD EBAY SELLER: mirrortuna

Shill bid up his own auction, then sent me this message:

---------------------------------------

Dear ebay user,

Hi, thank you for bidding on the NOFX record. I paid $80 for this record and manipulated the auction so I wouldn't lose money. After regretting what I did, I decided to restart the auction at $80.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. As a gesture of my apology, I will give a 5% discount if you win the auction.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Goodman

- mirrortuna

--------------------------------

BEWARE!!!

Dear ebay user,

Hi, thank you for bidding on the NOFX record. I paid $80 for this record and manipulated the auction so I wouldn't lose money. After regretting what I did, I decided to restart the auction at $80.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. As a gesture of my apology, I will give a 5% discount if you win the auction.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Goodman

- mirrortuna

BEWARE!!!

Please tell me you reported him

Dear ebay user,

Sincerely yours,

Michael Goodman

- mirrortuna

BEWARE!!!

Haha wow. That's something else

I sold a ticket to an event one time on ebay. It ended way below what I paid. I messaged the buyer and explained that I wasn't going to sell it and to go on and leave me negative feedback. He did.

Point is, leave negative feedback and file a complaint. There are reserves in place to prevent something like that from happening.

I sold a ticket to an event one time on ebay. It ended way below what I paid. I messaged the buyer and explained that I wasn't going to sell it and to go on and leave me negative feedback. He did.

Point is, leave negative feedback and file a complaint. There are reserves in place to prevent something like that from happening.

That's a dick move. Ebay let's the people/market decide the price on something. You fucked it up.

I think the key here is "way". I wouldn't do this if I lost $5 but I'm not going to take a $50+ hit to prevent one bad feedback. It's about as immoral to me as driving 5 over the speed limit.

But I think ebay used to charge based on the starting bid amount. Now it is just a flat fee (not 100%, I don't ebay a ton). So there is no reason for this to happen. Just start the auction at the lowest price you will really take (not speaking directly on this incident, just in general).

Yeah eBay doesn't work if the sellers won't adhere to the rules and actually pay out what the market demands. That's the risk you take when you sell things on eBay... it might not sell for what you're hoping. Doesn't mean you should stiff somebody because it didn't go your way.

Yeah eBay doesn't work if the sellers won't adhere to the rules and actually pay out what the market demands. 

Ebay works just fine with people occasionally doing this.

I've sold stuff at a loss and I fully see both sides, but I think everyone has a point where they say "I'm just not going to send this and not send them the money". Ridiculously hypothetical question, but if you offered a $20k new car on ebay, started it at a penny thinking the market will take care of it, and it didn't, I wouldn't expect you to follow through. If you do, you have some incredible conviction.

So my point is just that everybody has that number where they would rather eat a negative and be a dick than sell the item. Maybe yours is so far away that it will never realistically happen (like above). I think a lot of people are going to start thinking about doing this when something sells for 50% or less of realistic market value and we aren't talking about a $2 record selling for a dollar (something worth at least $100). Not something I polled on, though.

I see what you're saying.. ideologically I just disagree. I've never been in a situation like your example, but if you think of it like a "real" auction, you can't just back out if you don't like the ending price. People who do this are just perpetuating the "scumbag eBay seller" stereotype, which makes it harder for everybody else who's actually trying to buy/sell their stuff.

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is, if you WON'T sell something under a certain dollar amount... just set the auction to start there. Don't jerk people around after the auction's over. Your price floor won't stop people from bidding if it's something people actually want. If nobody bids - then you're in the exact same place you would be, minus the negative feedback.

You guys sure do like conjecture.

That's a dick move. Ebay let's the people/market decide the price on something. You fucked it up.

It was a dick move. But I'm pretty sure my tone implied that I knew that already. If it didn't, sorry, but certainly my tone wasn't braggadocios.

At least he was honest about it and requested negative feedback haha

Yeah, I thought being indignant about it was pointless. I didn't uphold my end so I figured I would take the heat.

An honest dick is still a dick.

Outside of this specific instance, being a dick is typically subjective. Being honest is really important to me and is generally typified by my actions.

Yeah eBay doesn't work if the sellers won't adhere to the rules and actually pay out what the market demands. That's the risk you take when you sell things on eBay... it might not sell for what you're hoping. Doesn't mean you should stiff somebody because it didn't go your way.

I think my example and advice given to the original poster was akin to what you're saying. Shouldn't happen but does.