Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

I think the only annoying thing about these forums is sense of elitism by those with high post counts and desire to limit that actions of new folk. I will admit new folk are more likely to ask stupid questions and make mistakes but hardly an open forum if we ever excluded people from enjoying the website. I don't remember running into this sorta issue when I joined but I am sure I just got lucky. 

I think the only annoying thing about these forums is sense of elitism by those with high post counts and desire to limit that actions of new folk. I will admit new folk are more likely to ask stupid questions and make mistakes but hardly an open forum if we ever excluded people from enjoying the website. I don't remember running into this sorta issue when I joined but I am sure I just got lucky. 

fuck em. all boards are full of assholes that forget they were new once also. ive been part of this board for almost 5 years now and the amount of douches still amazes me....still not as bad as df tho that board went to shit

That literally never happened once before. You really dont wanna let this go, do you? Its funny how many times you bring this up.

after this shady ass shit you guys pulled with the vinyl section being pulled without ANY notice, (other than your cryptical responses) im starting to believe him, to be honest. this bait and switch that went down today makes it almost like i wouldnt put it past you guys that you wait for sales to be over to put new stock up.

after this shady ass shit you guys pulled with the vinyl section being pulled without ANY notice, (other than your cryptical responses) im starting to believe him, to be honest. this bait and switch that went down today makes it almost like i wouldnt put it past you guys that you wait for sales to be over to put new stock up.

lol good god this board is full of a bunch of entitled brats. Hot Topic is a business and as a business their main objective is to make money. Deciding that a certain sale is being abused and removing the source of abuse is not being "shady", it's just a part of doing business.

lol good god this board is full of a bunch of entitled brats. Hot Topic is a business and as a business their main objective is to make money. Deciding that a certain sale is being abused and removing the source of abuse is not being "shady", it's just a part of doing business.

Except for the part that you had to spend $30 to get a coupon and a lot of us who are regular ht shoppers bc of vinyl bought extra stuff to be eligible for the advertised sale. But you're right, we gave them our $ already thinking wed get something and we didnt, why should we ever feel entitled to get what we paid for, great points!

can we just ban everyone with less than like 150 posts and start private invites? im seriously suggesting this.

Man, you and Mr. ">25" need to get a life. You guys remind me of those dudes who get to the flea market at 5am with flashlights and then block anyone else from looking through the stack once the sun comes up. Because obviously THOSE people don't know shit, otherwise they would have gotten there earlier. Or maybe you're those mouth-breathing losers who stand in the record store looking up the going rate for whateverthefuck limited EP on your phones, only putting it back once you're sure some other fool won't get something valuable.

Maybe you're not either of those. Maybe you're just regular, run of the mill assholes. Look, I've been buying records for many, many years. And I know that with any hobby, and especially this one, there are always going to be elitists and people who think the amount of shit in their collection puts them a level up. And to an extent, maybe it can even be justified. I've been reading this board for a long time. I bought some cool records from Virgil back when there was a store here. Back when Gaslight was good. I've been clued in on some really neat things that I definitely would have missed otherwise, because I just don't really have the time to scavenge the internet for pre-orders. This place is great. I really dig the help you all offer one another when it comes to finding things or shipping them or going to a show and buying a tour exclusive for someone who really wants it. That's awesome, and I thought that was the point of this place. But there's a limit to that fraternity, isn't there. That isn't available to someone who just got here because obviously, they haven't put in as much time and money as you, right? Therefore, fuck them. That's cool, and it's your prerogative to think on those terms.

But you have to understand that it makes you a jerkoff. You have to realize that. Basically, I think it's important to remember that you're posting in a thread about a Fall Out Boy record being sold at Hot Topic. So with that in mind, I'm seriously suggesting that you take a step back and get the fuck over yourselves.

Man, you and Mr. ">25" need to get a life. You guys remind me of those dudes who get to the flea market at 5am with flashlights and then block anyone else from looking through the stack once the sun comes up. Because obviously THOSE people don't know shit, otherwise they would have gotten there earlier. Or maybe you're those mouth-breathing losers who stand in the record store looking up the going rate for whateverthefuck limited EP on your phones, only putting it back once you're sure some other fool won't get something valuable.

Maybe you're not either of those. Maybe you're just regular, run of the mill assholes. Look, I've been buying records for many, many years. And I know that with any hobby, and especially this one, there are always going to be elitists and people who think the amount of shit in their collection puts them a level up. And to an extent, maybe it can even be justified. I've been reading this board for a long time. I bought some cool records from Virgil back when there was a store here. Back when Gaslight was good. I've been clued in on some really neat things that I definitely would have missed otherwise, because I just don't really have the time to scavenge the internet for pre-orders. This place is great. I really dig the help you all offer one another when it comes to finding things or shipping them or going to a show and buying a tour exclusive for someone who really wants it. That's awesome, and I thought that was the point of this place. But there's a limit to that fraternity, isn't there. That isn't available to someone who just got here because obviously, they haven't put in as much time and money as you, right? Therefore, fuck them. That's cool, and it's your prerogative to think on those terms.

But you have to understand that it makes you a jerkoff. You have to realize that. Basically, I think it's important to remember that you're posting in a thread about a Fall Out Boy record being sold at Hot Topic. So with that in mind, I'm seriously suggesting that you take a step back and get the fuck over yourselves.

but seriously, how do you REALLY feel? Internet = srs bidness