Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Man, you and Mr. ">25" need to get a life. You guys remind me of those dudes who get to the flea market at 5am with flashlights and then block anyone else from looking through the stack once the sun comes up. Because obviously THOSE people don't know shit, otherwise they would have gotten there earlier. Or maybe you're those mouth-breathing losers who stand in the record store looking up the going rate for whateverthefuck limited EP on your phones, only putting it back once you're sure some other fool won't get something valuable.

Maybe you're not either of those. Maybe you're just regular, run of the mill assholes. Look, I've been buying records for many, many years. And I know that with any hobby, and especially this one, there are always going to be elitists and people who think the amount of shit in their collection puts them a level up. And to an extent, maybe it can even be justified. I've been reading this board for a long time. I bought some cool records from Virgil back when there was a store here. Back when Gaslight was good. I've been clued in on some really neat things that I definitely would have missed otherwise, because I just don't really have the time to scavenge the internet for pre-orders. This place is great. I really dig the help you all offer one another when it comes to finding things or shipping them or going to a show and buying a tour exclusive for someone who really wants it. That's awesome, and I thought that was the point of this place. But there's a limit to that fraternity, isn't there. That isn't available to someone who just got here because obviously, they haven't put in as much time and money as you, right? Therefore, fuck them. That's cool, and it's your prerogative to think on those terms.

But you have to understand that it makes you a jerkoff. You have to realize that. Basically, I think it's important to remember that you're posting in a thread about a Fall Out Boy record being sold at Hot Topic. So with that in mind, I'm seriously suggesting that you take a step back and get the fuck over yourselves.

Maybe you don't know shit?

You've called me fool or something, Ok, I'm collecting records for 2 years. I've got ~100 records in my collection (7",10",12") that cost me $3.000(!!!) and $1.000-1.500 was only spent for the shipping, but this is not the point of my rage and shit. I was waiting this release to come out for ~2 month, collecting money and shit. And you know what? I cant fucking buy it now! Not because I dont want to pay standart $60 shipping cost, not because i want to USEHOTCASHCOUPONS, THAT I HAVE IN MY HANDS, its because in my freaking country we don't have hottopic or even another shop that sells records. Oh wait, we do have! If you want 7" for ~$70 you're welcome there! I cant step out from my house and wak around the corner to buy "some records". No I have to sit and freaking wait until they go online and then pay more, than they cost in 2-3 times. That's why I'm frustrated and sad :(

Man, you and Mr. ">25" need to get a life. You guys remind me of those dudes who get to the flea market at 5am with flashlights and then block anyone else from looking through the stack once the sun comes up. Because obviously THOSE people don't know shit, otherwise they would have gotten there earlier. Or maybe you're those mouth-breathing losers who stand in the record store looking up the going rate for whateverthefuck limited EP on your phones, only putting it back once you're sure some other fool won't get something valuable.

Maybe you're not either of those. Maybe you're just regular, run of the mill assholes. Look, I've been buying records for many, many years. And I know that with any hobby, and especially this one, there are always going to be elitists and people who think the amount of shit in their collection puts them a level up. And to an extent, maybe it can even be justified. I've been reading this board for a long time. I bought some cool records from Virgil back when there was a store here. Back when Gaslight was good. I've been clued in on some really neat things that I definitely would have missed otherwise, because I just don't really have the time to scavenge the internet for pre-orders. This place is great. I really dig the help you all offer one another when it comes to finding things or shipping them or going to a show and buying a tour exclusive for someone who really wants it. That's awesome, and I thought that was the point of this place. But there's a limit to that fraternity, isn't there. That isn't available to someone who just got here because obviously, they haven't put in as much time and money as you, right? Therefore, fuck them. That's cool, and it's your prerogative to think on those terms.

But you have to understand that it makes you a jerkoff. You have to realize that. Basically, I think it's important to remember that you're posting in a thread about a Fall Out Boy record being sold at Hot Topic. So with that in mind, I'm seriously suggesting that you take a step back and get the fuck over yourselves.

I'm not saying this as an elitist asshole. I'm saying this as someone who spends way too much of his time hanging out around here.

I didn't say NO NEW MEMBERS!!!!!!

I said we should moderate the submissions of new members... put them in a pending queue before they go live. Simply as a means of preventing unnecessary flaming and shit-storms that prevent people from sticking around.

The biggest problem with new members is that they don't do a lick of research and just ask questions when the answers are widely available already. And for someone who's just stopping by for a one-time shot at getting an answer, they don't even deserve the trololol shit-show.

For the people who DO intend on sticking around, this gives them a much better shot at learning the ropes of our community, and hopefully means that they stick around and become regulars.

Oh, but please. Keep being an asshole.

I'm not saying this as an elitist asshole. I'm saying this as someone who spends way too much of his time hanging out around here.

I didn't say NO NEW MEMBERS!!!!!!

I said we should moderate the submissions of new members... put them in a pending queue before they go live. Simply as a means of preventing unnecessary flaming and shit-storms that prevent people from sticking around.

The biggest problem with new members is that they don't do a lick of research and just ask questions when the answers are widely available already. And for someone who's just stopping by for a one-time shot at getting an answer, they don't even deserve the trololol shit-show.

For the people who DO intend on sticking around, this gives them a much better shot at learning the ropes of our community, and hopefully means that they stick around and become regulars.

Oh, but please. Keep being an asshole.

yeah, a lot of other places have the grace period where you can only read for a week once registered, then can post in threads, then a month in you can start your own thread.  personally, its something i would like to see too.  it would avoid a lot of people getting their panties in a ruffle here and eliminate a lot of clutter.

Maybe you don't know shit?

You've called me fool or something, Ok, I'm collecting records for 2 years. I've got ~100 records in my collection (7",10",12") that cost me $3.000(!!!) and $1.000-1.500 was only spent for the shipping, but this is not the point of my rage and shit. I was waiting this release to come out for ~2 month, collecting money and shit. And you know what? I cant fucking buy it now! Not because I dont want to pay standart $60 shipping cost, not because i want to USEHOTCASHCOUPONS, THAT I HAVE IN MY HANDS, its because in my freaking country we don't have hottopic or even another shop that sells records. Oh wait, we do have! If you want 7" for ~$70 you're welcome there! I cant step out from my house and wak around the corner to buy "some records". No I have to sit and freaking wait until they go online and then pay more, than they cost in 2-3 times. That's why I'm frustrated and sad :(

You live in a country where records are illegal?

Modifications.  Hot Topic reserves the exclusive right to modify, withdraw, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, any Materials available on the Site, without limitation, in whole or in part, including the cessation of all activities associated with the Site, with or without notice.  You agree that Hot Topic will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or any part thereof. 

http://community.hottopic.com/content/terms-use

My favorite part about the Great Hot Topic Debacle of 2013 is the one kid that said he was going to contact his local District Attorney or something...

... over a 50% off sale.

Because, this is ruining our fucking lives. 

what? was this person serious? I see nothing about this! oh man, im so excited about that.

It's already been said in this thread or the hot cash one... Every retail store does this. Macy's will announce a weekend sale. And that Friday the flyer will come out saying its no good on this this this this and this.

Get over it already. Maybe instead of buying a few records you can go to a movie with your friends. And then have drinks after. And maybe you meet a girl. Next thing you know, maybe you'll have some stories for the man advice thread.

A lot of the most recent posts on Hot Topic's wall have been absolutely breath-taking. Especially the girl that says she's going to burn down all of their stores.

Did she at least include a link to the South Park clip?