Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Once again - a heads up for anyone stupid enough to win it. It is not a playable record. Simply a 'prop' of sorts given to the band when the vinyl was first pressed.

That's what I thought. I had read about it before. That winner is going to be PISSED when they get it and put the needle down to hear DSAFIHOFDASIPFNHASDIFJADSPFIOADSFDSIOA

Good enough for me to count as a sleeve haha. That's the one I was referring to. If taking back Sunday's where you want to be's thing counts as a "sleeve" then this should too hahahhaa.

Wrong again, homie g.

These are just 12x12" flat posters. No fold. No pocket. No jacket. Just like if you got 6 inserts in a pic disc sleeve without a jacket.

In fact, in that photo above you can see a couple corners of the other "cards" poking out at the bottom right hand corner.

If needed I will take some pics when I get back home.

The amount of misinformation spread in this thread is astounding. I love how people can say stuff so definitively when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Yes, it's playable.

Yes, it's a picture disc.

It's just a shiny metallic foil or paper or hologram or whatever the fuck they put inside, instead of a cute printed little piece of paper with pictures on it.

There are different methods of manufacturing picture discs, some better than others (hell, if I had a press of my own I'd be experimenting all day trying to make a better sounding picture disc.)

Basically, if you've ever seen a record being pressed, you know what a biscuit of plastic with labels on each side looks like, right? Well it's like that, with less plastic, and bigger pieces of paper. The black plastic is mean to serve as a core for the record itself. That sandwich is then sandwiched between two very thin plastic films (sandwichception) that the grooves themselves will be pressed into. (Mainly why surface noise and rumble is higher on picture discs.) It's basically a flexi with a plastic core. The black rim means that black plastic was used as the core - you see the black where the paper "ends". Nothing more to it than that. It plays. It has grooves. It probably sounds terrible.

You know that Parallel Lines picture disc they released in the 70's? an unknown amount of them were pressed with a clear rim as opposed to black. They're pretty rare. Supposely sound better too. I opened up a sealed one a couple of years ago and I lucked out, got clear.

This FOB record woulda looked cool as shit with some metallic gold vinyl forming the core.

I don't know if this has been discussed previously but I just made a non important observation... I bought 2 of these (1 for me 1 for my brother) anyways one of the record insides (no idea what to call it lol) is white. And the other records insides looks like a sun artwork or something? And it looks like it has Travis' name there ... here is the photos of the "arty" one

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/1362/20130214173349.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/20130214173401.jpg/

I don't know if this has been discussed previously but I just made a non important observation... I bought 2 of these (1 for me 1 for my brother) anyways one of the record insides (no idea what to call it lol) is white. And the other records insides looks like a sun artwork or something? And it looks like it has Travis' name there ... here is the photos of the "arty" one

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/1362/20130214173349.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/20130214173401.jpg/

huh? even with the pictures im still confused as fuck as to what you mean haha.