Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

It wouldn't let me quote all of this so here it is all lumped together without direct quotes to your profiles

searos, on 20 Feb 2013 - 16:12, said:

We need polls and proof videos to get to the bottom of this.

http://youtu.be/OUydMlE4qgs

3arl, on 27 Feb 2013 - 21:14, said:

You caught me, I lied.  I don't know Patrick Stump, unless you count that time my friend met him at a Taco Bell as me knowing him.  But that still wouldn't explain me having his email address.

To explain the joke, I copied this other guys post, but just changed some of the words.  Do you get it?  I've included visual aid to assist in the explanation.

That being said, welcome to VC.  If you choose to stick around, you might want to loosen up a bit.

I have never been known for my sense of humor... The part where your joke went wrong is where you called me an idiot.... that took it from a place of you joking around and creating text on a computer, to you claiming someone that I do know (and no longer keep in touch with) was calling me an idiot.... that makes it personal and not a joke. 

malonekw, on 27 Feb 2013 - 22:56, said:

i get it. i'm punk rock too. i own every good charlotte cd, but you took this way too seriously

as stated above, never been known for my sense of humor

adamrfox, on 27 Feb 2013 - 23:24, said:

Damn I guess I never owned it.

Because it's not possible for the person who purchased it on eBay to then sell it and then me sell my copy. This guy needs to quit acting like he knows everything. Post the video here of you playing it here. That'll make us all happy.

I still stick to my claim that you did not own it otherwise you would know that it does in fact play... reference video above

mrrom92, on 28 Feb 2013 - 00:58, said:

Well I'm personally very glad he joined here to set things straight. 3arl, I got your joke, I just didnt think it was a funny one.

I like this community, but the constant spread of misinformation around here really needs to stop. Intentional or not. It's just frustrating to those who know what they are talking about.

I am looking forward to seeing this video.

agreed, joke wasn't funny and there is way too much misinformation on here

adamrfox, on 28 Feb 2013 - 03:19, said:

just realized dude claims he "worked the label" and then he calls patrick an idiot. something doesnt jive 

I didn't call Patrick an idiot, I said if that is indeed a genuine email perhaps he is the idiot, but I doubt that was the case because I always got along with everyone in the band... I probably should have left the idiot bit out to avoid being paraphrased.

Either way, you don't have to believe me if you don't want, I really don't care.

saxonviolons, on 28 Feb 2013 - 04:15, said:

Eh. I've unintentionally caught people with high post counts in lies on this site.

Definitely not constant, but that doesn't matter, you gotta understand the fact that people come on here and post shit like they know when they don't can ruin the credibility of this site as a source.

Some people just want to share music news, trade some wax, and get straight-forward information. Why all the dramatics and misinformation needs to be a part of it is just something I don't understand. 

Thank you Saxonviolons.... If you do not have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, please do not speculate.  I have friends that have used this site both credibly for years to trade, sell, buy, etc.  I just never was much of a message board guy because it takes up too much time, as is evidence of how much time I have spent on here since joining yesterday...

saxonviolons, on 28 Feb 2013 - 08:10, said:

Nope. 

Because internet. 

wins as best comment ever

gkersey, on 28 Feb 2013 - 08:31, said:

Are you talking about this one from Johnny Minardi:

http://www.popsike.com/RARE-Band-Only-Fall-Out-Boy-FROM-UNDER-THE-CORK-TREE-Gold-Record-LP-Collectable/230846346981.html

Where he says - The record doesn't play. It is simply an award, not a music-maker.

I don't have a clue, or really care, if it plays or not. I mean - it's Fall Out Boy - and it's From Under Cork Tree. Not unreleased demos from the Beatles. I'm just going on what other people have said.

I was hoping to pull up the actual archived ebay listing from his sale, but I can't find it anymore, not sure where the above link credits Johnny but here is his listing details... I pretty much stole his text word for word because he knows more about the finer details of the releases than I do... that being said, none of us are right 100% of the time, who knows, maybe instead of 20 of these, there were only 18 ever made?

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/281028807081/FALL_OUT_BOY_From_Under_The_Corktree_12_Vinyl_BAND_ONLY_VERSION__LTD_to_20

Also, why didn't someone put this up to begin with if this is the information they were going off of?  It's obviously wrong, but it would have been much more useful than the claims in this thread.

malonekw, on 28 Feb 2013 - 08:47, said:

oh snap.  that poster is going to be like,

no snap

tellallyourfriends, on 28 Feb 2013 - 09:08, said:

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/paramore_not_releasing_a_7-inch_record_on_bridge_nine/

You have to learn to understand the difference between a lie and a joke.

I'm sorry if I can't sense tone through a computer screen....

malonekw, on 28 Feb 2013 - 09:18, said:

i feel like most of the 'lies' aka jokes are a.) somewhat obvious or b.) on a subject that has been beaten to death numerously being brought up when a simple google search can answer your question with 6,600,000 million results in (.25 seconds) 

a) obvious to who?

B) what are you searching for on google?  Also, you realize how much wrong information is on the internet?  This thread is one of them.

3arl, on 28 Feb 2013 - 09:41, said:

Hey Travis, can you do the next press on unplayable gold picture discs?

Edit: my bad, apparently it's been done before. Who knew?

Oh, I get it, this is a joke.... See guys I am catching on!

-----

Alright, so here is the last thing I really want to say about this whole thing.  The reason this thread pissed me off was because I had numerous bid retractions on my auction.  I wasn't sure what was going on but I am either attributing it to people reading on here that it didn't play, or that people who couldn't afford it just wanted to see how high it was going to go.  Either way, I don't really care what any of you think of me.  I don't have a sense of humor and I am too serious all the time.  All I ask is that you guys be more responsible.  This is a resource, quit ruining it for the people looking for actual and factual answers.  

Man, you guys are assholes. This dudes point is valid (granted he's going about it rather harshly). There is so much shit on VC that it's hard to sift through the memes gifs shaqs etc. to actually find the info the thread was made for in the first place. Even though this thread was made for the reissue not the gold picture disc which, I believe, does play.

Man, you guys are assholes. This dudes point is valid (granted he's going about it rather harshly). There is so much shit on VC that it's hard to sift through the memes gifs shaqs etc. to actually find the info the thread was made for in the first place. Even though this thread was made for the reissue not the gold picture disc which, I believe, does play.

421550_357857254328208_244570213_n.png

421550_357857254328208_244570213_n.png

Point

you're not missing much. just a record with no music on it spinning around while a cd player is on in the background playing some song.

I thought about making a similar video of me putting an Eggo waffle on my turntable and playing the album from my computer at the same time. But I'm lazy.

You are the master of misinformation.

I am personally tired of all this vinyl talk getting in the way of my memes gifs shaqs. If you want serious business go to the CNN forum or absolutepunk

This isn't a fucking news site, it's a forum.  If you can't deal with people joking around and having fun, then you should leave.

If all you want is the news from here, then go to modern vinyl, cus all that guy does is take the news from here (whenever there is any) and post it on his site like he's got some exclusive information.

This isn't a fucking news site, it's a forum.  If you can't deal with people joking around and having fun, then you should leave.

If all you want is the news from here, then go to modern vinyl, cus all that guy does is take the news from here (whenever there is any) and post it on his site like he's got some exclusive information.

Jbmi9gi.jpg?1