PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

News from A+R about the Transatlanticism speed:

We are sorry to here about the other issue.  We are going to try and fix any problem we possibly can.  We do want to wait and find out if there are any other customers with similar issues, and we will take care of everyone.  We will be sending the replacements free of charge, and we will notify everyone once we know when they will be ready.  You can keep everything you already received.

So, everyone should write them to get "trans" in 45 rpm!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't feel like reading this whole thread, but if I order it now, is it going to be mislabelled still?  And if so, will it be replaced by the label?  Also, why are websites showing the "May 21st" date, does that mean if I order one I will get new ones with the correct label, still numbered according to the original press?

Thanks.

Don't feel like reading this whole thread, but if I order it now, is it going to be mislabelled still?  And if so, will it be replaced by the label?  Also, why are websites showing the "May 21st" date, does that mean if I order one I will get new ones with the correct label, still numbered according to the original press?

Thanks.

i'm pretty sure boxsets ordered from anyone besides AinR won't be going out until the labels are fixed. and a date for that hasn't been set yet

• 4 weeks later...

yeah so is this not happening now? I sold off my copies of the Death Cab records in this set and still have nothing to show for it. I'm extremely pissed about this joke of a company handling this so goddamn terribly.

Where did you hear this? Last they said was that they're fixing the issues and will get new copies out at some point and to be patient. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have you read this thread?

duuhhh sure did, awesome input thxsomuch. is there a release date for the revised ones I'm asking. With about 4 months of delays, its easy to lose hope that this will ever be fixed. Especially since the people who got the fucked up ones settled on the clusterfuck release and considered themselves happy.

duuhhh sure did, awesome input thxsomuch. is there a release date for the revised ones I'm asking. With about 4 months of delays, its easy to lose hope that this will ever be fixed. Especially since the people who got the fucked up ones settled on the clusterfuck release and considered themselves happy.

5 posts above yours.

Another delay to June 20th.

That's for Amazon. If you ordered through AinR, it would be assumed a little before that date. This is as of now.

Edit: A quick check on Amazon shows June 18. http://www.amazon.com/Barsuk-Years-Vinyl-Limited-Edition/dp/B00AGKH97G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370541414&sr=8-1&keywords=death+cab+for+cutie+vinyl

^^^ AinR never said anything about that date/any date. My guess is Amazon just threw that date up there to shut people up until then. 

I don't think anyone was really happy with the mislabeled ones until they announced the fix. There hasn't been a date set for the correct versions yet and we don't know exactly what will be included (discs, sleeves, box, etc). All I know is that when I emailed them about this after they announced knowing about the problems/fixing them they got back to me and said they wanted to wait until they heard back from a lot of the customers to see the full scope of the errors before they did anything. Haven't heard anything since but I'm hopeful for them to be sent out eventually. 

From my understanding, the box set is still available via amazon but they're not shipping them out until they get the revised Box sets

I thought I heard people on Amazon discussion threads talking about them overselling their copies/not being sure they could fulfill their demand. I hope, for your sake, I'm misremembering; it wouldn't be the first time.