Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Lightening Deals in Music - Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Paul McCartney

Amazon just released their calendar for this years lightening deals in music. It is of course mainly cd's but there are a few (literally) vinyl deals that may be of interest to some people. If you haven't done these lightning deals before, they are time sensitive and limited in quantity. Just check the calendar for something you want and be there to click buy the minute it's available.

http://www.amazon.co...&tag=slickdeals

The vinyl I could find (and maybe there's more, I didn't click through every link) was this:

Nirvana Nevermind Deluxe Remaster (yes the shitty one) - $37.99

Iron Maiden En Vivo - $17.49

Paul McCartney Kisses on the Bottom - $15.49

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K1VRII/ref=amb_link_366426982_78?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1N49VY4ZWMF8QH05AM6H&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1420541662&pf_rd_i=1000451311

there's this Queen cd box set for 7 dollars. might be worth picking up if you dig the band. probably a mistake on their part.

Thanks for the heads up on the Queen boxes. All 3 CD box sets are on sale for $6.99. That's 30 CDs for $21.

Ordered all 3 @ $6.99 each. Vol 1 and 2 were in stock, and it says they will be delivered by Nov 21st. #3 was temporarily out of stock.

Now all 3 are at regular price and out of stock... This should be interesting! Probably going to end up like my $26 Smashing Pumpkins Box set!

Stupid Amazon. :angry:

Ya do check the reviews for the Nirvana box, they're pretty bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Nevermind-4-LP-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B005CK76ZA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353263054&sr=8-3&keywords=nirvana+nevermind+20th+anniversary+super+deluxe+edition

The other individual pressing on the other hand is from RTI and sounds amazing.

Ya do check the reviews for the Nirvana box, they're pretty bad.

http://www.amazon.co... deluxe edition

The other individual pressing on the other hand is from RTI and sounds amazing.

I don't remember it sounding bad.

Ordered all 3 @ $6.99 each. Vol 1 and 2 were in stock, and it says they will be delivered by Nov 21st. #3 was temporarily out of stock.

Now all 3 are at regular price and out of stock... This should be interesting! Probably going to end up like my $26 Smashing Pumpkins Box set!

Stupid Amazon. :angry:

Just got an email that says they discovered a pricing error and my Vol.3 was cancelled. Vol's 1 & 2 still say shipping soon.

I have the CD of the 2011 version of Nevermind which uses the same remaster as the vinyl and confirm that it is poorly done. Too much modern compression. Sounds awful compared to my RTI press. From one of the Amazon reviews:

"To your average kid who solely listens to illegally downloaded MP3's on his ipod, this might sound fine, but not to me. It's just too loud."

I have the CD of the 2011 version of Nevermind which uses the same remaster as the vinyl and confirm that it is poorly done. Too much modern compression. Sounds awful compared to my RTI press. From one of the Amazon reviews:

"To your average kid who solely listens to illegally downloaded MP3's on his ipod, this might sound fine, but not to me. It's just too loud."

Do you have the vinyl? I just listened again and it sounded fine. But who knows, maybe i'm just an "average kid"! :rolleyes:

Do you have the vinyl? I just listened again and it sounded fine. But who knows, maybe i'm just an "average kid"! :rolleyes:

Mine doesn't sound bad. Maybe it isn't as good as other versions, but still not terrible. I mostly bought it for the BBC sessions and Boombox stuff rather than the album itself, so whatever.

It does sound pretty compressed though.

sucks dude. both my boxes just shipped.

Just got the email that both mine shipped as well! Just Vol.3 was cancelled.

Mine doesn't sound bad. Maybe it isn't as good as other versions, but still not terrible. I mostly bought it for the BBC sessions and Boombox stuff rather than the album itself, so whatever.

Exactly. And for $40, I couldn't pass it up.

i don't remember it sounding esp good or bad...i have that and the ORG color one...i've had a few diff. versions of it. the back to black one didn't sound esp special to me either...

it's the only one i don't have an original pressing of too...i don't remember if i ever did a back to back of the originals to the ORG reissues...