Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

so is it worth being in the VIP area for shows? are the site lines better, are there less people, or is it totally oversold and just as packed?

Last year, VIP never looked too packed for the mid-late afternoon shows, not sure about the late night, though. It kind of shows it on the new map, but VIP was allocated 30-40% of the stage front. Generally fewer people, but no real sight line improvement. Of course, this year will probably be much busier, so I'm sure there will be more people everywhere.

I'm down for late night pizza if people are doing that.

I threw that out for tonight, just to see if anyone was up for it. I guess we make two. Anybody else?

Food list looks good.

Abbey Pub
Bayoo Billy JR
Big Delicious Planet
Big Fork Brands
Blackhawk BBQ & Seafood
Caponies
Cevapcici
Cheesies Pub and Grub
Chicago's Doghouse
Chubby Weiners
Crossroads Café
Dark Matter Coffee
Dia de los Tamales
Dimo's Pizza
El Campeon
Funnel Cake World and Grill
Genoa Italian Concession
Gourmet Delights
Greek Delights
Home made Pizza Co.
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream
Jerk 312
Jerry's Cherry Lemonade
Mediterranean Cuisine
Metropolis Coffee
Oak Street Beach Cafe
Phil Stefani Signature Events
Pirate Foods
Quang Noodle
Reggies
Rockwood Place
Suzie's Fun Foods
The Fat Shallot
Wishbone Restaurant
Wow Bao

Ah, you're the guy staying with them. It's not too bad of a walk from their place, so hopefully Kriss hasn't started juicing again.

Mellie and I are actually both in the middle of a short term juice cleanse, but are pausing it until Monday for practical reasons (because, you know, it isn't exactly safe to be out in the elements from sun up to sun down on nothing but veggie juice with no solids. hahah). All of that to say, that, yeah, we'd be down for Boiler Room.

Billy, I'm closing at Quimby's right now - 1854 W. North Avenue - come find me.

Pretty sure I saw Bill's wife in the South VIP lounge during Gwar. Didn't see anybody else, though. Gonna start out with X, tomorrow. Unlike last year, I had no problem sending/receiving texts. And VIP is totally just a wristband, so there's nothing to keep you from leaving and reentering. Pro tip to anybody coming from the east, don't take the Division bus. It will be slammed and slow.

eat food from gourmet delights, thats my friend's dad's place. they got the basics

i saw bad religion play sinister rouge and sorrow so im pretty fucking happy

checked out masked intruder because of the board and loved it!

also being only feet away from the stanley cup felt amazing

Pretty sure I saw Bill's wife in the South VIP lounge during Gwar. Didn't see anybody else, though. Gonna start out with X, tomorrow. Unlike last year, I had no problem sending/receiving texts. And VIP is totally just a wristband, so there's nothing to keep you from leaving and reentering. Pro tip to anybody coming from the east, don't take the Division bus. It will be slammed and slow.

I know said it earlier, but they oversold the VIP in Toronto, I was held out of Iggy and the Stooges for 15 minutes. Especially as it gets later in the night, I would try to stay inside in case it happens again (especially for the Placemats)

We were there. My wife LOVES Gwar. VIP was overly packed at Joan Jett. People were pissed. 

We'll be there at noon for Surfer Blood and Dear Hunter. Some big decisions today, PennyWise vs GlassJaw, Rancid vs Public Enemy.

We took the 94 bus. Not many people on it.