Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

Everyone thinks OpIv is gonna do Riot Fest every year. Not happening. The band has said 5million times for almost 25 years that they aren't getting together again.

I think a recent interview I read (dpnt have a link) kind of left the door open a little bit. I dont think they will ever tour again, but getting thrown a ton of money to do a set at a festival brings a lot of bands "out of retirement". I guess its probably wishful thinking but it wouldn't be the first time a band who said they would never play again, did a one-time gig.

Im Curious as to why one of the Headliner spots is left as ??????. Seems like it will be somebody pretty big.

Presale tickets are up.

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/188189?utm_medium=bks&wrKey=32D700CB1F6D6832C381D0C2879A5817

$89 for 3 day

$189 for 3 day VIP

VIP was well worth it last year with 15 drinks a day included.

VIP was a great deal last year.  15 drinks per day (for the 2 in the park festival days).  Beers were $7 each.  This year, there are 3 full days in the park and I think VIP gets you 15 drinks total--not per day.  Still a good deal.

The VIP viewing area was pretty fair as well.  They basically partitioned off 20% of the stage on the right hand side.  

You could get much closer, much easier, but did not have exclusive access to the front row or anything.

I expect the after shows to be ticket access only this year...no freebies for 3 day pass holders.   The reality is that there are simply way too many 3 day pass holders.   People will complain, but they'll be the same people who threw a tantrum last year because they couldn't get into the Alkaline Trio after show.

Wasnt happy with the treatment of the secret shows last year. Pretty much punked the 3-Day Pass holders in order to sell individual tickets to these "secret events".

I don't think that is really what happened.  Yes, they did sell a small number of tickets to those shows--that was not the problem.  Even if they didn't sell any tickets, the result would have been the same.   The festival is simply too big for every 3-day pass holder to cram into the Empty Bottle.

They should go 100% ticket access only this year.  Problem solved.

I don't think that is really what happened.  Yes, they did sell a small number of tickets to those shows--that was not the problem.  Even if they didn't sell any tickets, the result would have been the same.   The festival is simply too big for every 3-day pass holder to cram into the Empty Bottle.

They should go 100% ticket access only this year.  Problem solved.

Actually that was the problem.  They used the "secret show access" to market selling their 3-Day passes then after the fact went ahead and sold individual tickets to these shows.  I'm glad they're not filling people's minds with BS this year and just do 100% individual ticket sales to their secret shows.  There was no mention that they would be selling individual tickets to these secret shows when the 3-Day passes originally went onsale.  

wow. this is a vc-centric festival if i've ever seen one. maybe 3 bands i'd want to see and 2-3 bands i'm embarrassed to admit i'd want to see.

I hate most bands that VC loves and this fest is still way more up my alley than that children's fest that Lolla has become.  Other than the headliners, the list is pretty darn impressive after my initial negative reaction had set in.  Not as good as last year's lineup but there are more than enough bands on this list that will fill up my weekend.

My girlfriend and I will be hitting Chicago for the first time for this. I just want to see Alkaline Trio and Lawrence Arms do a small after show together.

I don't think Alkaline Trio is in the lineup are they?  I'd love to see Slapstick do a small "secret show" together again more than anything.  It was amazing being front row for their Fest set last year and I'd love to re-visit the magic just one more time, haha.  Someone with some connections should also try to get Riot Fest to get the Blue Meanies out of retirement for this Fest again.  It just doesn't feel right not having them around with all the other bands on the schedule.

This may be a dumb questions , but is there re-entry to the festival if we want to leave the grounds for whatever reason (find cheaper food)

There were outs last year if you had a 3-day pass (it was a cloth bracelet you had to wear the whole weekend). 

The food wasn't really overpriced in the festival.  I think I paid like $8 for some really good fried Catfish.

so can someone explain to me how the single day tickets work? wouldnt it come out cheaper to buy if i waited and just got the single day tickets?

ive never been to this so im just trying to figure out the best way to do it. hopefully i can purchase the 3 day pass tonight though.

sorry for ignorance.

so can someone explain to me how the single day tickets work? wouldnt it come out cheaper to buy if i waited and just got the single day tickets?

ive never been to this so im just trying to figure out the best way to do it. hopefully i can purchase the 3 day pass tonight though.

sorry for ignorance.

They probably won't release single day tickets for a while....doesn't make sense without a schedule.

However, when they do finally offer single day tickets, it would not make sense to me if was cheaper to buy 3 single day tickets than to buy a 3-day pass.