Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

I cannot recommend the VIP passes highly enough.  

The 15 free drinks alone make it a good deal.  

The VIP stage access, separate VIP bathrooms, and shady lounge area put it way over the top.

Last year, VIP also got in-and-out privileges for the festival grounds. Hoping that continues this year as well.

Given that the cheap tickets are already sold out and earlier comments that there are always cheap tickets later on I am just going to wait.

Looking at possible hotel accomodations. VC want to rent out a party house?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/832699

You out-of-towners should absolutely jump on this asap, and lock down the dates. With six people you're looking at Days Inn prices.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's already booked that weekend.

I went last year. You have to be with them to get their wristbands. If you have a three day pass wristband, they can get in and out when they want to but only you can pickup the tickets. Individual day wrist bands get in once and that's it and you have to be there since your name is with the tickets.

I'm kind of glad that I got the 3 day pass this year(even though I wouldn't have last year since Friday was not interesting at all) since last year for the 2 day passes you didn't get a wristband you had to use the same ticket to get in both days talk about being paranoid of losing your ticket the entire time.

I'm kind of glad that I got the 3 day pass this year(even though I wouldn't have last year since Friday was not interesting at all) since last year for the 2 day passes you didn't get a wristband you had to use the same ticket to get in both days talk about being paranoid of losing your ticket the entire time.

Protip: Bring a ziploc sandwich bag to keep your ticket in. This will keep it from getting all sweaty and soggy when it's in your pocket.

Protip: Bring a ziploc sandwich bag to keep your ticket in. This will keep it from getting all sweaty and soggy when it's in your pocket.

Luckily I had my wife with me and she just put them in her wallet in her purse.  Other wise I would have been doing this!  I had just never been to a festival where you need the same ticket to get in on Saturday and Sunday was just weird to me.  Worked out fine, but I imagined a lot of people losing/destroying their tickets accidentally last year not that it did happen just in my head it did.

Question for anyone who was VIP last year. Did the VIP lounge area have WiFi access? My only real complaint about last year was that because of the crowd size, smartphones are useless on the festival grounds. They just don't work. But if there was secured WiFi in the VIP, that would've made it a lot easier to try to track people down onsite.

Question for anyone who was VIP last year. Did the VIP lounge area have WiFi access? My only real complaint about last year was that because of the crowd size, smartphones are useless on the festival grounds. They just don't work. But if there was secured WiFi in the VIP, that would've made it a lot easier to try to track people down onsite.

I had VIP last year and there was no wi-fi that I was aware of.  My phone was pretty much crippled for the duration of the festival.

I don't really remember my phone having any issues, but at the same time maybe I wasn't on it a whole lot conserving battery power.

I am sure results vary depending on your carrier.  I have AT&T and had trouble texting a friend who was also at the festival.  I think she uses some pre-paid plan.  Not sure if the issue was on my end or hers.

One thing worth noting is that were power outlets every 12 feet or so along the fences that you could tap into to charge your phone if you happened to have a cable/adapter with you.

I am sure results vary depending on your carrier.  I have AT&T and had trouble texting a friend who was also at the festival.  I think she uses some pre-paid plan.  Not sure if the issue was on my end or hers.

One thing worth noting is that were power outlets every 12 feet or so along the fences that you could tap into to charge your phone if you happened to have a cable/adapter with you.

That's good to know; I didn't notice those last year. I have T-Mo, and I couldn't text/call people, which was the real gripe. Unless I walked through the gate with them, there was a near zero chance of tracking them down inside.

bought tickets yesterday! stoked. i'm bummed it took this long to get vaca time figured out at work, the tix were $69 when i found out about it, but $149 by the time i knew i could actually get that time off work to be able to go. so it's expensive, but for three days and that many bands, it's still not bad. i'll have to read thru this thread for suggestions and whatnot.

we'll be spending 3-4 days in NYC, 3-4 days in Chicago for the Fest, then literally the day after we get home (barely 12 hours later) i have to go to vegas for 3 days on business. gonna be obliterated by the time i get home from that one.

bought tickets yesterday! stoked. i'm bummed it took this long to get vaca time figured out at work, the tix were $69 when i found out about it, but $149 by the time i knew i could actually get that time off work to be able to go. so it's expensive, but for three days and that many bands, it's still not bad. i'll have to read thru this thread for suggestions and whatnot.

we'll be spending 3-4 days in NYC, 3-4 days in Chicago for the Fest, then literally the day after we get home (barely 12 hours later) i have to go to vegas for 3 days on business. gonna be obliterated by the time i get home from that one.

You will be so exhausted from all that you will need a vacation.