Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

Phish confirmed.

I'd actually rather have Op Ivy instead.  Phish 1 set festival appearances usually suck hard because they play short 5-7 minute songs in order to appease the 1/2 of the audience that didn't buy tickets specifically to see them.  Though I've got GA Floor for all 3 nights at Northerly Island in July, which is my #1 summer concert event this year.  Riot Fest is a distant 2nd though (even including my first Broadways show in around 15 years)...

I seriously can't get over how bad the Toronto line up is.

Really? Day 1 sucks, the only band I'd see are Grade and I saw them last year so I'll skip it. But Day 2? Almost every band there I want to see and a bunch of them (like Dinosaur Jr) I haven't got around to yet.

It doesn't matter who else is playing though because The fucking Replacements are playing!

Really? Day 1 sucks, the only band I'd see are Grade and I saw them last year so I'll skip it. But Day 2? Almost every band there I want to see and a bunch of them (like Dinosaur Jr) I haven't got around to yet.

It doesn't matter who else is playing though because The fucking Replacements are playing!

Single Mother and The Flatliners I've both seen a million times.  Best Coast and Dinosaur Jr bore the hell out of me.

Rocket From The Crypt are amazing and I would kill to see them again.

The Weakerthans not really a fan and I've also seen them like 3 or 4 times already.  Iggy and The Stoogies I saw a couple years ago and they're old and didn't put on a good show.

And honestly I don't care for The Replacements.

no lineup would make me want to attend a festival where most people are there to see blink 182, green day, and fall out boy. the horrible audience would trump any good music being played.

Man, i'm usually on yr side when it comes to taste, but this lineup is beyond stellar. Flag, The Selecter, X, the'Mats, Bad Brains, and another dozen and a half bands - the quality is beyond there.

Phish confirmed.

They're playing three days in a row, right beside the planetarium. That weekend is going to be hellacious.

Now...just gotta work out a trade.  Fallout Boy for the Stooges.

Ehh, Stooges played last year and weren't that great. Just a touch better than Ginn's new Black Flag.

They're playing three days in a row, right beside the planetarium. That weekend is going to be hellacious.

Ehh, Stooges played last year and weren't that great. Just a touch better than Ginn's new Black Flag.

Charter One Pavilion, aka Northerly Island aka former Meigs Field.  Gonna be epic.