Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

Not sure that I would read too much into those posts.  He posted a Sex Pistols flier not too long ago.

Op Ivy would be pretty rad.  However, they probably fall into the "long shot" end of the speculation spectrum (right behind the Replacements rumor).

Looking at some of the more pragmatic possibilities, I would be ok with Green Day--it beats some of the alternatives that have been mentioned (Social Distortion).

I'm still holding out hope regardless.

Anyone see Riot Fest's FB post POSSIBLY hinting that either Op Ivy or Green Day could be the mystery guest? God I hope it's not Green Day.  That would be the ultimate buzz kill right now considering the options...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151483612083737&set=a.10150195259743737.310785.37054718736&type=1&theater

definitely surrogate brains.

no lineup would make me want to attend a festival where most people are there to see blink 182, green day, and fall out boy. the horrible audience would trump any good music being played.

Disagree.  I would then suggest that the people that are there to specifically see those bands would fall into one of two categories:

1.  Show up a lot later closer to the time those bands perform

or

2. Not seeing the "good music" instead seeing the other bands("bad music") that fall into the category of the headliners thus leaving less people at the stages of the actual good music meaning not surrounded by them.

no lineup would make me want to attend a festival where most people are there to see blink 182, green day, and fall out boy. the horrible audience would trump any good music being played.

Actually these headliners serve a valuable purpose.  Ability to get the hell out of there early and beat the traffic.

This lineup is good enough though without the headliners, to warrant spending $90 on a 3-day pass.

theres good music all over the place, blink, fall out boy, and green day are all great respectively in my opinion. and so are the rest of the lineup. the lineup kicks ass lets agree on that. who cares whether green day plays or not, if you don't wanna see them then don't.

I've got no problem with Green Day playing, that is assuming all the other headliners aren't weak sauce though (which they totally are).

Tim is already in Chicago that weekend though and I'm sure it's not too too much to ask to play an extra set of music for a buttload of cash...

Rancid has headlining shows booked on the 13th and the 15th, so unless he's gonna play two sets on the same day (SPOILER ALERT: He won't) it's not Op Ivy.

Rancid has headlining shows booked on the 13th and the 15th, so unless he's gonna play two sets on the same day (SPOILER ALERT: He won't) it's not Op Ivy.

2 sets in the same day?  That's totally unheard of in the history of music.  Oh wait, a bunch of 50 y/o's (Phish, who do it with much more physically demanding music taboot) do it every single concert...

But you're right, it does make it a bit more unlikely.  Would be cool though if they just did an extended set and maybe did something like Danzig Legacy (who is even older BTW and did 3 sets during his concerts).

The current tour is Rancid/Transplants. Not that I'm siding on the with the group that is thinking Op Ivy is going to play, but it's not unheard of.

The current tour is Rancid/Transplants. Not that I'm siding on the with the group that is thinking Op Ivy is going to play, but it's not unheard of.

I don't think Op Ivy is going to play, I'm just really hoping they're going to play.  Of course to assume a band that hasn't played in well over 20 years, is all of a sudden gonna take the stage, is definitely wishful thinking.