Saves The Day- New Album/Pledge Music/Vinyl Option

The band has hit an all time low.

I honestly think over the last few years they have been writing some of their strongest melodies and Daybreak was the end and a begging for saves the day. The new demo furthers my belief in this. They have been trying new things and Daybreak was truly Chris getting back to being happy and the energy and upbeat nature of this demo really shows that this new era of Saves The Day songs are gonna be great because Chris has a lot more experience and they have a great new guitarist.

Personally that is a great song to get lyrics from. It sets the stage for the whole album in its theme of rebirth from dark to light. I saw them play it in full when they toured the album but not sure how much they will do it again since it is so long.

I saw them on that tour too! It translated surprisingly well live.

Got handwritten lyrics to Jessie. Felt pretty nerdy when I ordered it for that much, but figured what the hell.

Instead of them doing covers for like $500, they should just release an EP of covers for like $10.Put some Jawbreaker and Lifetime on there and there's no way a ton of people wouldn't buy it.

Also, if anyone ever wants to sell their daybreak test they got, let me know.

wtf is the deal with people saying they've hit a low? This band has a rotating cast of characters that accent Chris's stuff extremely well and these last few albums are definitely some of the most interesting material they have ever put out. People that ignorant are the reason they were dropped from their label when In Reverie came out.."hmmm there's no At Your Funeral v2 on here...not interested." Three concept albums in a row to make up one big concept which helped Chris get over his depression and open a new chapter for the band..now that's probably the most badass emo kid venture I've ever seen. The fact that he sticks with it and gets his music to his fans no matter what just goes to show how much for the love of the music this band does what they do,

Wasn't the 'you me and everyone we know' kick starter around the price as well? The whole board went nuts on those kids..

To be fair in this case people are pledging to help a new album get made and get a vinyl with new music they have not heard. Most people pledging for the YMAEWK LP have already heard the album and if they are pledging really like it but it is not anything different than the cds for the most part. It may end up sounding better or worse but overall it is paying 25 for a collectors item versus 25 dollars to help an arguably consistent band write a new album and get the new album in the process on vinyl.

This is at 85% with 88 days left.

Yeah this is awesome. They might even make their goal within a week from starting. That would be amazing for those guys. Proves they still have a lasting fan base and Im sure that encourages them more.

Hopefully my test press of Daybreak ships soon after the goal is met, but I doubt it.

Where would be a good place to start if I wanted to listen to these guys? Never really have, and not sure why. I couldn't get into Daybreak, but I'll admit I probably didn't give it enough spins.

Stay What You Are. A lot of people will say Through Being Cool but they really don't sound anything like that anymore. Start with Stay What You Are and listen to the progression from there. Daybreak would not be the album I would recommend people jump into but it is one of their best. The album after Stay What You Are (In Reverie) is when things begin to change a lot. After that album there are 2 parts to a 3 part trilogy which daybreak ends. These 2 albums are a good combo of every style saves the day has done so a good place to get used to all their sounds and melodies. Then go back into Daybreak and understand that the theme behind that album is rebirth and after the opening song that sets the stage for the whole album it follows in the same order from dark to light.

Not disregarding Through Being Cool though I just think they are so much better of a band now that they are past that sound. Worth listening to if you like pop punk. Its a good album and part of the band's progression but it just is not the album I would use to get someone into the band.

I would def start at Through Being Cool. I honestly think Stay What You Are is not nearly as good of an album. TBC is so much fun and such a sing a long album.

Through Being Cool > Sound The Alarm > Under The Boards >Stay What You Are=Daybreak > In Reverie > Can't Slow Down

I agree Through Being Cool is a good sing along album but if someone wants to try and get in the band was just pointing them a start more familiar to the way the band sounds. The band outgrew the pop punk outfit quick and why a lot of people love through being cool its very middle of the road in their discography for me. Stay What You Are probably has the most classics they draw from live so seems like a logical starting spot.