Bizarre Ebay Experience.

flood

Ok so this month i listed a large number of records, including an unplayed copy of the MTS pressing of dude ranch. Kid buys it, flips out that the record was listed as new, but when it comes the record isnt sealed. I try to explain to this guy that the records never came sealed, and they were hand assembled by the label.. hence why its in a plastic sleeve and the inner sleeve has a crease in it. Kid files a claim.

now im pretty certain im boned because ebay is never going to side with me on this.

so i write a rant about how this record came like that from the original mfr, it has never been played,. and was packeged in an lp mailer, with 4 cardboard stiffeners so theres no way it was damaged in shipping... and that it was really fishy that the kid pulls this the same day SRC had listed more copies of this for retail price.

i get an email today that ebay is refunding the kid... but they're paying it, not me.. and since im not at fault i can keep the money and he can keep the record.

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

shitty buyers is why i still have a stack of unwanted records in the corner of my room. the last round of ebay auctions i had was such a headache i don't want to deal with it anymore. nothing is better than working a 11 hour day, and coming home to a little bitch complaining that his record hasn't shipped 12 hours after he paid.

glad things worked out for you this time.

shitty buyers is why i still have a stack of unwanted records in the corner of my room. the last round of ebay auctions i had was such a headache i don't want to deal with it anymore. nothing is better than working a 11 hour day, and coming home to a little bitch complaining that his record hasn't shipped 12 hours after he paid.

glad things worked out for you this time.

this is pretty much why i still to selling stuff on here only, feel like you gotta prepare to be boned when you use ebay.

i think i got lucky this time.. out of 100 records listed im only waiting on payment for 9 (5 from one guy who emailed me about waiting a few days to pay, and a friend from here who said he could pay next week... and 3 for someone who i think is flaking) .. so 4 out of 100 isn't bad for the obvious premium you tend to get for selling on there vs just through a message board

i think i got lucky this time.. out of 100 records listed im only waiting on payment for 9 (5 from one guy who emailed me about waiting a few days to pay, and a friend from here who said he could pay next week... and 3 for someone who i think is flaking) .. so 4 out of 100 isn't bad for the obvious premium you tend to get for selling on there vs just through a message board

yeah i have a stack of shit i want to get rid of that no one here is biting on. i keep thinking about throwing it all up on ebay but i might just see if my local guy wants any of it. meh.