Recently Viewing

Watched Lost In Translation for the first time. Feel like I didn't "get it". I liked the characters. It had cool music and directing. There was just nothing to the plot. I get that it is artsy and what not, but come on. Two people meet in Tokyo, are bored, and hang out for a little while is only about half a plot.

Am I alone on this one?

Watched Lost In Translation for the first time. Feel like I didn't "get it". I liked the characters. It had cool music and directing. There was just nothing to the plot. I get that it is artsy and what not, but come on. Two people meet in Tokyo, are bored, and hang out for a little while is only about half a plot.

Am I alone on this one?

Pretty much the same, I voiced this and just got ripped to shreds by my pretentious uncle who is back from LA

Am I alone on this one?

Nope. I'm right there with you. Ultimately I found it very boring, with no real purpose to show for.

Am I alone on this one?

Pretty much nailed it.  It's the Seinfeld of movies, in that it's a movie about nothing.  I still really enjoy it though.  

Also, opening shot of ScarJo's butt is pretty much the best opening shot of any movie ever.

I went and saw West Of Memphis last night. It was pretty good but I was expecting the Nick Cave/Warren Ellis soundtrack to be a little more engaging.

I am already pretty well versed on the WM3 case but there were a few interviews that were amazing and that shed some new light. Definitely worth watching if you don't know much about the case. I would still suggest Paradise Lost any day though. Nothing beats the emotional impact of the first two/the Metallica soundtrack. So fitting.

Am I alone on this one?

damn i love Lost in Translation.  so much about that movie makes me sad for missed opportunities 

Just watched Everything Must Go (Will Ferrel)...meh.  Also finally watched Adventureland...also meh.

i loved Adventureland, a very good coming of age story in my opinion.  Everything Must Go was meh, I'll agree.

i totally forgot aboot me being as ass about Lost in Translation.  oh me.

i just finished season two of Game of Thrones, geez this show sucks at season endings.

next up is Eastbound season two.

watch "dick in a box", it's still funny.

but for reals, netflix is getting Samuri Jack streaming sometime this month.  It will rule.

One of the best documentaries I think I've ever seen...it gets pretty emotional at the end. It's about an inner-city high school football team trying to win their first playoff game in the school's 110 year history, after years traveling hours to play bigger schools and get beat, just so they could make enough money to keep the program alive.

Definitely a must watch whether you're a football fan or not.

"Undefeated"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/undefeated_2012/

By the way, it is on Netflix.

I've been on a documentary kick.  Watched PressPausePlay (about how art is much easily created because of tech advancements) as well as Indie Game: The Movie.  Highly recommend both.

Same here! I've been watching a lot on North Korea though lol. Check out the VICE documentary channel on Youtube...they have a couple on North Korea, and a ton of other great ones. I'll check these out though, thanks for the suggestion! 

Am I alone on this one?

It's been a while since I've seen it but I kind of feel the same way. My sister loves it and I remember watching it with her and wanting to like it because she's sitting right there lol. I'll have to rewatch it and see what I think of it the second time around.

in the past few weeks I finally saw for the first time Brave, 30 Minutes or Less, and 21 Jump Street. also watched the bachelorette.

That's kind of a random mix of movies lol. I thought 30 Minutes or Less was pretty f***ing funny, but I love Aziz Ansari. You should check out his stand-up if you haven't, "Dangerously Delicious" is on Netflix. I thought Brave was pretty good too, but I have to watch all of those Pixar movies with my girlfriend anyway.

My opinion of parks and rec vs. the office is that at their peak, they were about equal quality (giving slight advantage to parks).

Currently, the office needs to be taken out behind the shed and put out of its misery, while parks is still putting up solid episodes.

Someone told me that parks is close to the end. Like maybe not this season, but soon. Anyone want to confirm?