Recently Viewing

Just finished Arrested Development. Overrated. Not saying it was bad, but it would have had to be one of my top-5 shows ever to live up to the hype. Not sure it is in my top 20.

Out of interest (Not because I love Arrested Development, it's good but not that good) What is your top 5?

Out of interest (Not because I love Arrested Development, it's good but not that good) What is your top 5?

I'll keep it to comedies because AD is a comedy. There are plenty of other dramas I would put above it. Making this up as a I go so I might miss something:

1) Chappelle's Show

2) Always Sunny

3) The Simpsons (because of the first 10 or so seasons, not so much lately)

4) The League (funnier than Sunny lately, but hasn't done it long enough)

5) Big Bang Theory

I would also rank South Park, Family Guy, Parks and Rec, and How I Met Your Mother ahead of Arrested Development. It would probably come in right after those.

Just finished Arrested Development. Overrated. Not saying it was bad, but it would have had to be one of my top-5 shows ever to live up to the hype. Not sure it is in my top 20.

I honestly can't say there are many shows i would put above arrested development. But im a super dry kinda humor guy, it just does it for me on so many levels. Could be the fact that i have a huge man crush on Will Arnett or that it launched so many careers it's not even funny. I personally can't wait for the new season to start up in may, incredible that they got everyone back for it. It would be really tough for me to make a top10, much less a top 5. But i have an easy number one, Home Movies... No questions asked.

1. Home Movies

2. Arrested Development

3. Saturday Night Live

4. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (early years)

5. 30 Rock/Parks and Rec/Community/Workaholics/Drinking Made Easy

side_effects.jpg

Just saw this in the cinema and was again, pleasantly surprised. Rooney Mara absolutely stole the show, but everyone else was great in it too. Better to go into this one blind, not knowing much about it.

Just saw this and it was amazing.  I took your advice and didn't read up on it and I was blown away.  I thought Rooney and Jude gave great performances, and it'll be interesting to see if they get any consideration at next year's oscars.

Did you check him out in Premium Rush?  Dude is such an underrated actor.  

No I have not.  As much as I love Michael Shannon and Joseph Gordon-Levitt I thought the movie itself looked kind of dumb.  Is it actually pretty good though?

And since we're still talking about Michael Shannon, has anyone seen this trailer yet?  Holy fucking shit I can't wait for this:

Just saw this and it was amazing.  I took your advice and didn't read up on it and I was blown away.  I thought Rooney and Jude gave great performances, and it'll be interesting to see if they get any consideration at next year's oscars.

unfortunately, i don't think side effects is gonna get much recognition. it was an exciting, entertaining movie with great performances. it reminded me of movies like limitless which was really fun, and it takes great skill to pull off performances like that and to convince the audience you're that person. that's what i think movies are all about. unfortunately the oscars just try to consider good emotional performances in otherwise simple and safe movies.

Forgot about Workaholics. That is another show I think is better than Arrested Development.

workaholics is a great episodic show i'm happy comes on at lunch at the office sometimes or can throw on when i'm doing other things. but MAN am i disappointed every week now when i look forward to a new episode. it's kinda getting like sunny.

unfortunately, i don't think side effects is gonna get much recognition. it was an exciting, entertaining movie with great performances. it reminded me of movies like limitless which was really fun, and it takes great skill to pull off performances like that and to convince the audience you're that person. that's what i think movies are all about. unfortunately the oscars just try to consider good emotional performances in otherwise simple and safe movies.

Natalie Portman won for Black Swan though which makes me think that Mara may have a chance at getting nominated, not expecting a win by any means because like you said it isn't traditional Oscar fare.

Natalie Portman won for Black Swan though which makes me think that Mara may have a chance at getting nominated, not expecting a win by any means because like you said it isn't traditional Oscar fare.

i think she should've won for dragon tattoo. the performance was just nuts. she deserved it for the same reason natalie portman won.

Last nights viewing: Retreat

Such a good movie.  Typical virus plot line that isn't too typical at all.  Great performances by Cillian Murphey (Batman Begins), Thandie Newton (Pursuit of Happiness), and Jamie Bell (Man On Ledge).  The movie only really has three characters, and based on this I really hope Jamie Bell blows up.

i think she should've won for dragon tattoo. the performance was just nuts. she deserved it for the same reason natalie portman won.

I can't even believe that it's the same person that was in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Totally unnecessary to do American version of this. What a fucking joke.

I've been meaning to watch the Swedish ones for awhile, but I enjoyed the American version.