Recently Viewing

I watched Safety Not Guaranteed and Traffic earlier. 

Safety Not Guaranteed was really good for what it was.

Traffic is great, although I wasn't feeling the whole blue tinge to the Michael Douglas segments; felt a little unnecessary. Overall great movie though.

Just rewatched Safety Not Guaranteed last night, I thought Aubrey Plaza did a great job carrying the film since it was her first lead role.  I would not mind marrying her.

perhaps. the original is very good. but the new one is fantastic. and it's not like they americanized it, it was shot in sweden and all that. i think they both stand on their own.

You just don't need two versions of the same films, especially done so closely together, I just don't get why everything needs to be remade for american audiences. 

You just don't need two versions of the same films, especially done so closely together, I just don't get why everything needs to be remade for american audiences. 

I felt this way about the Spiderman reboot (although both were american).

A lot of people just refuse to watch subtitled movies. You want to call them lazy, then fine. But that in itself explains why the movie was remade.

I felt this way about the Spiderman reboot (although both were american).

A lot of people just refuse to watch subtitled movies. You want to call them lazy, then fine. But that in itself explains why the movie was remade.

We just need more original ideas instead of rehasing so many things until they're dead.  People who can't be bothered to watch a film with subtitles don't deserve to see it in my opinion.

I think American reboots are alright.  When it comes down to it; yes, some people are too lazy to read subs.  On another note, it allows the original artist to expand his work to a much greater audience.  For example, Let Me In introduced a larger audience to both the original Let the Right One In film, as well as the novel, allowing the original artist(s) to have much more exposure, and in return, a larger payoff for the art they may have struggled to create.  I don't think reboots are complete cop-outs, sure Hollywood may be out of original ideas, but sometimes a bigger American budget may allow for a greater experience.  I know, I've probably said this at least a hundred times already, but I believe it.  

If America should stop doing reboots because they're too lazy to think of an original idea, the same argument could be stated about the majority of movies in general.  Movies based on books are just lazy.  Why not read the book?  

Remember someone talking about "Jeff, who lives at home" in here. Thought it was pretty mediocre. Xylophone music playing over someone staring off into space and looking miserable doesn't make a good independent movie.

Think I'm done watching anything Duplass directs. I freaking love the league. He doesn't have anything to do with the writing or directing of that show, though. So I keep watching his movies thinking that he is someone who's career I should follow (Cyrus, Baghead, Jeff, Puffy Chair) and they are all ok but kinda disappointing. Just like him as an actor.

Shooter - an afternoon Netflix special. When is Mark Wahlberg going to learn how to do something other than mope through an entire movie? 

Beyond that it was fine to waste a couple hours on since expectations were low. Could have benefitted from more explosions and better acting. I suppose it stunk but held my attention. 

I hated The Master.  The acting was really good, and Philip Seymour Hoffman could easily talk me into a cult any day, but I just couldn't get into the story at all.  Also the entire movie I couldn't stop thinking how much of a scumbag Joaquin Phoenix's character was.

EDIT: I was intrigued by his choice to shoot 70mm though.  While I didn't see it presented that way, I can imagine how amazing the detail would have been, but I can't really think of any scenes in particular that would have been improved by it.

House at the end of the street:

Giant turd, redbox had nothing else appealing. Katniss did her thing, but the story didn't give her much of a chance.

Also Elizabeth Shue....I still would.

Thank you for further confirming how bad this is supposed to be.  My girlfriend got this from Redbox and expected me to want to watch it with her.  I told her I had no interest in it, especially after hearing how awful it was.

House at the end of the street:

Giant turd, redbox had nothing else appealing. Katniss did her thing, but the story didn't give her much of a chance.

Also Elizabeth Shue....I still would.

Watching this right now for the very same reason, my hopes are not very high at all

So I saw A Good Day to Die Hard this afternoon. It was terrible. My friends and I stood outside after the movie for a long time trying to dissect what we thought happened in the movie, but none of us really got it, so we looked up the plot on Wikipedia. After getting more clarification, it was decided that the movie was far worse than we previously thought.