Recently Viewing

Some of Hitchcock's movies are so old it's hard for me to watch them. Stuff from the 20s and 30s is just so different. Really great cinema started in the 40s and on for me (Gone with the Wind included, although it is '39).

That 50s and 60s stuff of his is amazing, though.

I haven't watched many of his really old ones yet, but I watched The 39 Steps (1935) last week and loved it.  He's my favorite director, so I'm gradually working through everything he's done.

I haven't seen that movie in a long time but I remember it being really hard to hear the words and basically needing subtitles for an english movie.

Not sure if there has been some restoration work or not.

Yeah, Criterion actually did a release for it.  That's not the one I saw but I imagine it'd be worlds different.

Such a great documentary. I can hardly go a day without thinking about the idea of resurrecting the dead on Jupiter. So weird. I have randomly seen a couple Toynbee tiles around.

That's really cool! I would really like to visit some of the tiles, but the closest one to me is 4 hours away and may not even exist anymore.

I am watching Breaking Bad again for the second time in like six months and getting excited for the last half of season 5.

It's really weird that they are still calling this season five, even though they are taking a five month break and starting up when they usually start up a new season. Why don't they just call it season six? I guess it really doesn't matter but I find it slightly annoying.

On another note, I just finished Silver Linings Playbook. It was really good but was not at all what I expected for some reason. I think the trailer threw me and it got a lot of hype and I just expected something different.

It's season 5 still because they didn't finish the season arc. Breaking Bad season finales are supposed to be epic. What they have given us so far is a little bit of intrigue about the series ending and knocked over the first domino with Hank figuring it out. Still on the buildup side of the arc.

Just saw Zero Dark Thirty.

Terrible movie. Highly politicized to the point that it angered me. Plus the raid itself was super dramatized. They got in and out faster than that. Movie had an agenda and didn't hide it at all.

I saw this tonight and thought it was way over dramatized too.

Last night I watched Resurrect Dead on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. I wish there were tiles in Colorado.

Is anyone else surprised that Silver Linings Playbook got like 6 or 7 Oscar noms? I mean, yes, it was a good movie, but does it deserve nominations for best picture, best director, best actress, best actor, best actress in a supporting role, and best actor in a supporting role along with a couple others??

Is anyone else surprised that Silver Linings Playbook got like 6 or 7 Oscar noms? I mean, yes, it was a good movie, but does it deserve nominations for best picture, best director, best actress, best actor, best actress in a supporting role, and best actor in a supporting role along with a couple others??

I tried to see this last night, but it sold out. That is why I went to Zero Dark Thirty instead. Maybe I can catch this tomorrow.

I feel Cooper, Lawrence, and DeNiro all highly deserve their nominations.  The rest of the noms were a surprise, but I don't have an issue with them.

The movie was fantastic, and completely unexpected for me.  Really did not expect that kind of performance from Bradley Cooper, and to see DeNiro return to form was more than refreshing.

I didn't see Silver Linings but Jennifer Lawrence has replaced Scarlett as my new #1 celebrity crush. I don't know she is enough to make me see another Hunger Games movie, though.

Working on the entire series of Tales From the Crypt. Up to season 6. It's definitely dragging towards the end of the series but I'm gonna finish it out. Crazy how many stars of the 90s did an episode of that show. Mike from Breaking Bad was in the last one I watched.

Anyone see The Last Stand? My friend made me go see it and since we have a theater that plays new movies mon-Tuesday for $5, I thought "fuck it."

That movie was HILARIOUS. The entire theater was laughing almost the entire time. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny but when you put Arnold, Luis Guzman, and Johnny Knoxville together, it really couldn't NOT be funny.

Would I have paid $12? No. But for $5 it was definitely worth it.