Recently Viewing

Went on a Bradley Cooper kick last week.

Silver Linings Playbook- I thought it was pretty good, but could have been better.  A lot of the material hit a little too close to home though.

Hit and Run- Dax Shepard apparently wrote, directed, and funded the majority of this flick, with the bulk of the cast consisting of his friends and girlfriend Kristen Bell.  Lots of funny moments, pretty well put together script, and a great performance by Tom Arnold.  I recommend if you want something funny to kill an hour and a half.

Last night I watched Total Recall, not as bad as everyone has proclaimed it to be.  Everyone needs to stop holding original films in such high regards when a remake is released.  The original was amazing, but that doesn't mean a remake can't be a fun watch.  

Just finished watching The Paperboy, which was surprisingly really good. It received really poor ratings, but I'm pretty sure that it was marketed like a Hollywood blockbuster with Hollywood names in it. It was everything but that. The script was dark, disturbing, and sticks with you along with its gritty visuals. Zac Efron definitely holds up in the big boy world of film.

Just finished watching The Paperboy, which was surprisingly really good. It received really poor ratings, but I'm pretty sure that it was marketed like a Hollywood blockbuster with Hollywood names in it. It was everything but that. The script was dark, disturbing, and sticks with you along with its gritty visuals. Zac Efron definitely holds up in the big boy world of film.

I remember seeing a preview for that not too long ago.  It's the one with Matthew McConaughey as well right?  It definitely looked interesting.

Yeah, I've actually really been digging on him lately. I also recommend checking out Killer Joe. Another really dark and dirty flick with a few really interesting turns.

Way ahead of ya on that one man. I picked up the DVD and watched it about a month ago or so. I absolutely loved it. It's crazy to think the same guy that directed it directed The Exorcist. And it's also crazy to think it was the first movie he directed since Bug in 2006.

Just got done watching End of Watch, i honestly thought it was fantastic. Michael Pena keeps blowing me away in everything thing he does and Jake continues to be in the top tier of all actors out there. I would recommend it if you're in the mood for a gritty cop drama.

I watched that a few days ago and I really enjoyed it, Michael Pena is a hell of an actor.  Again, I watch too many movies.  

Just got done watching End of Watch, i honestly thought it was fantastic. Michael Pena keeps blowing me away in everything thing he does and Jake continues to be in the top tier of all actors out there. I would recommend it if you're in the mood for a gritty cop drama.

I really enjoyed End of Watch as well.  I thought the chemistry between Pena and Gyllenhall was fantastic, they seemed like two genuine friends bullshitting with each other all day.

got some new vhs tapes a few days ago.

jaws special edition (2 tapes, one with a documentary and deleted scenes)

jaws 2

gremlins

one flew over the cuckoos nest

i've been having a great time with these.

cuckoos nest is such a goddamn fantastic movie, and it still holds up.

does anyone else here collect vhs?

we've been shopping at thrift stores a lot in the past few years, so we almost always bring back a stack of tapes every time we go.

I watched that a few days ago and I really enjoyed it, Michael Pena is a hell of an actor.  Again, I watch too many movies.  

Tell me about it bro, i managed a blockbuster for just over 5 years. I don't watch as many these days, me and my lady have been caught up doing house shit every weekend since the purchase. I miss going to the movies every weekend, i need to go see django before it leaves theaters....

Just rewatched the Hannibal trilogy: Red Dragon, Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal

good shit right there

Hells to the yeah. I have read Red Dragon and Silence Of The Lambs over the past couple weeks and reading Hannibal now. I am going to rewatch the movies soon and have fun pointing out the inaccuracies.

Have you ever seen Manhunter? It was the first adaption of Red Dragon. I really enjoyed it but as far as Hannibal Lecter goes, Anthony Hopkins is the man.

I was huge into Seven Psychopaths. I think it's my favorite Sam Rockwell role ever. And Tom Waits is pretty much always awesome. Except on Black Rider.

Sam Rockwell was awesome, yes, but other Thant that I really didn't like this movie too much. I had high expectations of it for some reasons and it just didn't live up. For some reason movies like this just scream writer's block. I realize it is just a style but to me it just seems silly to write a movie about writing a movie.

Tell me about it bro, i managed a blockbuster for just over 5 years. I don't watch as many these days, me and my lady have been caught up doing house shit every weekend since the purchase. I miss going to the movies every weekend, i need to go see django before it leaves theaters....

dude I worked at blockbuster for like five years too.  watched ALL the movies haha.  seriously though every week I'd take home every new release.  it was awesome.  I still watch a shit ton of movies, but have to track em down myself.

It's starting to suck, I can't even go to a Redbox anymore because I've literally seen just about everything.  Now I'm just going to have to go back through classics that I haven't caught yet. 

Get em all...

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0068646&ref_=tt_awd