4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning Jason

And a good morning to you Wealth Management King! I just wanted to let you know I get a cold chill every time I watch the news and they mention bank robberies in your area. I saw where a WF was robbed in NMB a few days back and was hoping like hell that wasn't where you were. Horry county is a second or third level of hell it seems :( 

Anyone here wanna help me gang fight whomever bought the Promo copies of Sun Kil Moon's Benji from some seller on eBay for $100, because now that jackoff is trying to sell them for $350 on Discogs... flipper asshats are gonna make sure I never complete my collection for sure

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Anyone here wanna help me gang fight whomever bought the Promo copies of Sun Kil Moon's Benji from some seller on eBay for $100, because now that jackoff is trying to sell them for $350 on Discogs... flipper asshats are gonna make sure I never complete my collection for sure

you know I got my eye out for any rare koz stuff for you, I seem to have good luck so maybe ill find it for a super deal one day

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

you know I got my eye out for any rare koz stuff for you, I seem to have good luck so maybe ill find it for a super deal one day

My GF was giving me shit the other day because I have an Excel document with my entire Koz collections needs so I can mark them off as I get them, yet I continue to forget to order new shirts for myself...lol

My GF was giving me shit the other day because I have an Excel document with my entire Koz collections needs so I can mark them off as I get them, yet I continue to forget to order new shirts for myself...lol

your priorities are in the right place, some people just don't understand the record bug fully haha

I pick on her because Jo-Ann Fabrics is like her "record store" lol

yeah everyone has their vice and doesn't understand others. The other day my mom was complaining about how she couldn't understand how tattoos caught on, and it's like you have a cabinet full of plates no one can use

14 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

And a good morning to you Wealth Management King! I just wanted to let you know I get a cold chill every time I watch the news and they mention bank robberies in your area. I saw where a WF was robbed in NMB a few days back and was hoping like hell that wasn't where you were. Horry county is a second or third level of hell it seems :( 

that's my previous branch, left at the end of 2013, but I still go there to help out the manager on some Saturdays. its crazy B

7 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

seems like a good idea!

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

yeah everyone has their vice and doesn't understand others. The other day my mom was complaining about how she couldn't understand how tattoos caught on, and it's like you have a cabinet full of plates no one can use

Yes, because nothing makes more sense than dishes nobody ever eats from! lol. I guess that's really like us variant collectors though because really how often do we pull out 10 different colors of the same album to listen to as if there is a difference in the sound apart from a remaster? Da' hobby yo! But I do find myself thinking "at least I only have 2-4 variants to chase most of the time", so when I see collections like Matt's with 13-14 different versions of one album I know I'm slightly better off even if they cost a shit ton more lol

Yes, because nothing makes more sense than dishes nobody ever eats from! lol. I guess that's really like us variant collectors though because really how often do we pull out 10 different colors of the same album to listen to as if there is a difference in the sound apart from a remaster? Da' hobby yo! But I do find myself thinking "at least I only have 2-4 variants to chase most of the time", so when I see collections like Matt's with 13-14 different versions of one album I know I'm slightly better off even if they cost a shit ton more lol

yeah I decided I'm only going to variant collect Neko Case and I'm glad she doesn't have more than 4 versions of anything yet. Plus the colored reissues blow the originals out of the water

23 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

My bank has a metal detector in between to doors that only open if you pass the detector, it's kinda crazy. I've never seen it before, but they did get robbed 5 or 6 times in the first year they moved to their current location.

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

My bank has a metal detector in between to doors that only open if you pass the detector, it's kinda crazy. I've never seen it before, but they did get robbed 5 or 6 times in the first year they moved to their current location.

I think the guy just used a note and made off with some cash the other day at the robbery I was referring to. WTF can you do with that? Smh

2 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

yup, no scene or anything, just a note and he ran out.

It made me immediately think of that part in Pulp Fiction when Tim Roth is talking about robbing the bank with a cell phone...

Edit: Also makes me wonder the specifics of the charges they can place on someone for that. Is it still considered "armed robbery"?

10 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

It made me immediately think of that part in Pulp Fiction when Tim Roth is talking about robbing the bank with a cell phone...

Edit: Also makes me wonder the specifics of the charges they can place on someone for that. Is it still considered "armed robbery"?

I think if you claim you have a gun, they can still charge with you armed robbery.

Edit: Damn migraine again today. I swear my body goes through cycles with them, where I get them a ton, then none for a long time. Hopefully they clear up before Sunday.

Edited by Thomas³

The best was the first robbery at my bank. It happened a week after they opened, and it was in the middle of winter. Guy with a note, who took off running when he got the money. The cops followed his foot prints in the snow to a house around the corner. People are dumb.

The metal detector is annoying, but it makes it a lot safer. Only one person can enter the building at a time, and the door is locked until you pass. If you set the detector off, if locks the outside door and you're stuck in a cage of bullet proof glass until the cops show up.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic