Now if you find the other half for 30 or less. That would be a nice comeup! Dosnt that thing go for over 100?

It goes for about $200-$300.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=Modest+mouse+lonesome+crowded+west&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

If you're at where I think you are, I'm going to explode with jealousy.

E X P L O D E.

I name-dropped the label almost 40 pages ago, but nobody in their right mind (except me, to make sure I actually did mention it) would actually go that far back, so yeah. Haha

I'm at Orange Twin for the entire semester. It's part of a class I'm taking.

not sad. bummed i sold a record when i needed money then realized i liked that record more than I thought I did.

...was beneath medicine tree, btw.

chin up, mp3s still exist and you can get it back some day

that's me consoling me every six months when i need money for bills or gas to see my family

you can always get it back some day!

Thanks, but I don't think I'm interested in selling. How'd you get your half?

I don't blame you, I'm hanging on to my 2nd half too :)

Random story about how I got it. One of my best friends has lived in Portland for about 10 years now. In the lobby of his apartment building there was an area where people could leave things they don’t want/need anymore and they’d be up for grabs; leave a penny take a penny style. He came home from work one day and found Lonesome Crowded West and Long Drive in the box. He doesn’t have a record player but has been a huge Modest Mouse fan forever so he picked em up.

We were talking about vinyl a couple weeks ago and he asked me if I had had all the Modest Mouse albums. I said I most everything but LCW and Long Drive. He goes “I’ve got those, I’ll send them to you” and my jaw hit the floor. A week later they were on my doorstep but he only had the 2nd half of Lonesome Crowded West (some great songs on the 2nd half though). I offered to give him money but he wouldn’t let me. He was shocked when he found out how much they’re worth but still wouldn’t let me pay him. They’re both in good shape too, a couple ticks and pops but great considering they were in the lobby of an aprtment building for free. Karma payment plan.

Crazy side story; he’s got the same dentist as Isaac Brock. He saw him in the lobby one day but his jaw was numb and didn’t look like he was in the mood to be haggled by fans.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic