It would also help if our dollar was still about 1.5x more valuable than the canadian, like it was in the 90s.

Yeah those were the days. I was really young but I remember going to the store to buy candy or whatever and it being substantially less because I has American money.

$4 shots is fairly normal, despite all the other numbers you've thrown out being inflated.

$14 pitchers isn't too bad if you were talking about premium beer. People pay $2-3 no problem for a 12 ounce bottle all the time in the states so $14 for 60 ounces is about the same price per ounce.

I'm not old enough to go to bars in the US so I don't know, but everyone I know that goes to bars here say that pitchers are around $7 or so. Prices aren't very inflated in rural Indiana though. 

Yeah those were the days. I was really young but I remember going to the store to buy candy or whatever and it being substantially less because I has American money.

I'm not old enough to go to bars in the US so I don't know, but everyone I know that goes to bars here say that pitchers are around $7 or so. Prices aren't very inflated in rural Indiana though. 

$14 is expensive for sure, just not expensive enough to deter your average beer drinker from partaking. It's definitely more expensive to drink at a sporting event or concert though.

Fair amount of places do $5 pitchers on weeknights. 

$14 is expensive for sure, just not expensive enough to deter your average beer drinker from partaking. It's definitely more expensive to drink at a sporting event or concert though.

Sorry for just jumping into the convo, but I must agree I would never pay $14 for a pitcher of beer. Most places I visit it's between $5-$8.

My dad had a beer at the Colts vs Broncos game and it was $3

I've been legal for 3 whole days. I haven't even abused this yet. I'm an awful adult, where is my coloring book?

Legal as in an adult...so 18. Not legal to drink. I'm not a fan of drinking though so I may not rush out and get hammered the moment I turn 21 either. But that's in 3 years so I probably will.

My dad had a beer at the Colts vs Broncos game and it was $3

I don't believe it. Sorry. Colts have some of the priciest beers in the NFL.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/breaking-down-nfl-beer-costs-how-much-does-$50-get-you.aspx

For the price per ounce to be the same, it would need to be a $35 pitcher

I don't believe it. Sorry. Colts have some of the priciest beers in the NFL.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/breaking-down-nfl-beer-costs-how-much-does-$50-get-you.aspx

For the price per ounce to be the same, it would need to be a $35 pitcher

It was outside at the little village in front of Lucas Oil before the game so I doubt the prices were Lucas Oil prices. But the fact that it was that cheap at a sporting event, especially one as big a deal as that game, was pretty shocking. It was also an aluminum bottle so I don't know if that makes a difference on price.  

Yeah, outside the stadium is a different story. Thought you meant inside. It would be awesome if you could pop out for a beer at halftime but you can't get in. People are stuck. Want to drink. They pay a lot. It's fun so who cares.

That's all I was really going for in the conversation -- saying that there are situations in the states where drinking is even more expensive than that middle of nowhere bar, so it's not surprising to me that people pay it.

Yeah, outside the stadium is a different story. Thought you meant inside. It would be awesome if you could pop out for a beer at halftime but you can't get in. People are stuck. Want to drink. They pay a lot. It's fun so who cares.

That's all I was really going for in the conversation -- saying that there are situations in the states where drinking is even more expensive than that middle of nowhere bar, so it's not surprising to me that people pay it.

Yeah where I live in Canada there's no other options so you either pay the prices or you don't drink beer, which isn't going to happen in Canada.

Oh god have they been watching The Secret?

The Secret totally just makes me think of The Bling Ring. 

My sister is actually a partner in a company called Market America and she is apparently hosting a 'dreams and goals' seminar in our kitchen. But when I got home, there were all these people in my house and my sister was still in a meeting. 

I didn't know any of them, they were just hanging out...pasting some pictures on cardboard. Totally normal.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic