CAUTION: SELF PROMOTION AHEAD

I've posted in the design thread about my Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix illustration before. All of the entries are up for voting for a "People's Choice" award through the PVGP Facebook page. I think there is about a week left in the voting, the gallery show/reveal is next Wednesday. It'd be cool if you guys went through and gave me a vote. I feel kind of weird publicizing this but hell, it'd be cool to win and have the People's Choice award on my resume. Either way, you can take a look at the other entries with a little navigating through this link too. Thanks in advance!

https://www.tabsite....pid=0&eid=67600

edit: You have to click through an app verification thing but it won't post anything for you or any annoying garbage like that. 

I think I might have told you this in the other thread, but great job on this. I looked at all the posters, and I legitimately think yours is the best. A lot of the other posters had cool concepts, but they messed up the dimensions of the car which made it look really bad.

I'd love to buy a copy from you if you ever get this printed. My brother has a 1978 Classic Mini and that car is the love of his life. He can talk about this car for hours. I'm sure he'd love this.

Edit: Here's a picture of me driving the car. I'd love to get one of these someday when I have a little more disposable income. They're so much fun to drive.

http://instagram.com/p/aKdFc5CdzV/

CAUTION: SELF PROMOTION AHEAD

I've posted in the design thread about my Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix illustration before. All of the entries are up for voting for a "People's Choice" award through the PVGP Facebook page. I think there is about a week left in the voting, the gallery show/reveal is next Wednesday. It'd be cool if you guys went through and gave me a vote. I feel kind of weird publicizing this but hell, it'd be cool to win and have the People's Choice award on my resume. Either way, you can take a look at the other entries with a little navigating through this link too. Thanks in advance!

https://www.tabsite....pid=0&eid=67600

edit: You have to click through an app verification thing but it won't post anything for you or any annoying garbage like that. 

Done! Good luck!!

Once I get home I'll shoot you a message about how I sell. I'm working on making it the source of any expendable income for the moment, so far not too bad hahaha. I also have a lot of clothes thanks to retail.

And Sapst, I'll vote for you when I get home as well :)

Oh awesome, thank you!!  I made an etsy account so I could start selling my photos.  It's just hard to advertise.  I want to sell some of my band work but I don't want to get in trouble for ~selling somebody's likeness~.  Idk how photogs get away with doing that kinda stuff so often these days without getting sued.  I tried to ask Ryan Russell once but he ignored me.  Cool dude.

Advertising is my biggest downfall in almost every facet that I have. I just feel strange talking up my own things constantly - I feel like I'd annoy people faster than I'd get people interested.

YES you hit the nail on the head!

Edit: I'm not saying that you do that, lol, I am saying that I agree and feel the same thing about my own endeavors.

My boss and I were talking about some problems her daughters are having and one instance involves a boy who has never been kissed. She was like "Isn't that strange? At 18, a senior in high school, and he's never been kissed." 

I was gonna let it slide, but as a 21 year old who has in fact, never been kissed...I let her know it isn't all that strange. 

I guess I've always been more career driven, I've never cared what boys think about me.

But she was so shocked, I feel like everyone who finds this out is so shocked. 
I'll never forget a close friend going "well, why not, you're pretty enough?"

My boss and I were talking about some problems her daughters are having and one instance involves a boy who has never been kissed. She was like "Isn't that strange? At 18, a senior in high school, and he's never been kissed." 

I was gonna let it slide, but as a 21 year old who has in fact, never been kissed...I let her know it isn't all that strange. 

I guess I've always been more career driven, I've never cared what boys think about me.

But she was so shocked, I feel like everyone who finds this out is so shocked. 

I'll never forget a close friend going "well, why not, you're pretty enough?"

Society puts such a high priority on sex and everything attached to it (getting married, having kids, etc.), but I think it is great that you have not given a shit and chosen to live for yourself.  Everyone expects everyone else to have a crazy high sexual drive, which includes you having to "like" someone, or to have a sexual desire that manifests itself in a way that you need to express it outwardly by physical expression.  If you do not exhibit these qualities it is looked at as weird or abnormal.  I bought into that stuff way too much in high school and wish I hadn't looking back, point is though, it is great that you can see past those.

So I'm attempting to start a small label to release some cassettes and stuff and I just emailed my first band about releasing something by them and I'm really nervous that they'll say no because I partially have no idea what I'm doing.

Well they wrote back and it's a go!

Thanks everyone. Keep your eyes peeled on here about a preorder. This band is fan-fucking-tastic. I know a bunch of people on here will love them.

Good luck dude! I put out a tape last year and people were stoked on the tunes but not as stoked on it being on tapes not vinyl. Hopefully your audience likes tapes! I'll be watching for it

Thanks Logan, Ashton and anyone else who voted! Id assume the voting will be open until next Wednesday so if anyone else wants to help out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I think I might have told you this in the other thread, but great job on this. I looked at all the posters, and I legitimately think yours is the best. A lot of the other posters had cool concepts, but they messed up the dimensions of the car which made it look really bad.

I'd love to buy a copy from you if you ever get this printed. My brother has a 1978 Classic Mini and that car is the love of his life. He can talk about this car for hours. I'm sure he'd love this.

Edit: Here's a picture of me driving the car. I'd love to get one of these someday when I have a little more disposable income. They're so much fun to drive.

http://instagram.com/p/aKdFc5CdzV/

Thanks, Jared. That picture is pretty sweet. I've never been in one personally. I'm thinking that prints will be made sometime around the date of the races. I'll let you know if/when they do. If they don't make any I'll get a few done myself for anyone that would want to pay for a tube and shipping.

Society puts such a high priority on sex and everything attached to it (getting married, having kids, etc.), but I think it is great that you have not given a shit and chosen to live for yourself.  Everyone expects everyone else to have a crazy high sexual drive, which includes you having to "like" someone, or to have a sexual desire that manifests itself in a way that you need to express it outwardly by physical expression.  If you do not exhibit these qualities it is looked at as weird or abnormal.  I bought into that stuff way too much in high school and wish I hadn't looking back, point is though, it is great that you can see past those.

Sex culture = the lamest.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic