Working with annoying people who make you irritable at work is the worst!  You are already at work which is irritating in itself. Sucks when the people around you don't make it any better. I'm lucky to have one person at work who doesn't bother me. Everyone else could take a long walk off a short pier and I wouldn't care. 

Yeah usually I'm the only one here and I'm left alone, but this woman being here for 4 hours each day is just like nails on a chalkboard, lol.  I regularly have to explain things to her a minimum of 3 times before she claims she understands, then still does it wrong.  A few weeks ago I spoke with my boss about her incompetence and he said he was going to call her and tell her to only show up when we need her, but here she is showing up (15 minutes late) every morning and asking me if we're on the southbound or northbound side of Route 1.

cooking for one person is so depressing. I made some awesome stroganoff and there’s enough for like a dozen people. I need to get a ‘cooking for 1’ book or something.

cooking for one person is so depressing. I made some awesome stroganoff and there’s enough for like a dozen people. I need to get a ‘cooking for 1’ book or something.

I did this a lot in College and still I only cook for two people most of the time. Portions are everything and freezer bags are your best friend. 

Hope things turn around for you.  Know that we are here for you if need to people to talk to. 

Last year was one of the hardest years I've ever had to handle. I lost my dream job, my apartment, my savings account, and my best friend. I was starting to think it would be the year that I lost my battle to depression and anxiety.

I'm still here, I don't know how and I don't know where my hope came from. But last year just seems like a really devastating dream and things right now are doing okay.

Just surround yourself with things you love and are passionate about. Cut out anybody who makes you feel like you are less, you don't need them. If you have to write shitty emo poetry on a private blog to vent frustration (that's what I did). You'll make it. And you've got this lovely group of family to help you through it.

thanks a ton guys. I do appreciate it. from  my short time actually being a member on these boards I can tell people actually give a shit about one another on here, which is refreshing to see.

long story as short as I can make it:

last night my girlfriend of 2+ years broke up with me. she said its basically because I have not been able to find a full-time job and apparently it seems as if I am doing nothing with my life. on the contrary I have been working my ass off day in and day out sending out resumes/cover letters each and every day. I have been using up every resource and contact I have made to find a job and obviously nothing has worked out. I have been working a dead end part time job for about a year now because I havent been able to find full time employment. thats one of the reasons why this past year has sucked majorly. I have a bachelors and masters degree and cannot find a job, its awesome.

on top of this my grandfather who is the grandparent who I have been closest to my entire life is slowly passing away. his health has been deteriorating slowly and we just found out recently now on top of all his other health problems he has cancer. 

I have had to move back in with my father because of my employment situation. this has put an enormous strain on our relationship and I feel like at times I no longer have a relationship with him. it sucks because I feel like I have no one to talk to about anything. my mother is going through a difficult time  with her own employment situation and is completely stressed beyond belief usually. my father isnt someone I am able to open up to due to his mental problems. my best friend is going through her own shit as her parents are getting a divorce. I just have felt like these past 6 months I have been alone on an island. I am the one who has to help everyone so not only have I been carrying my own shit around but everyone around me as well. i feel like it has gotten to me the past week finally. i hardly eat/sleep anymore. the past 5 days when I have been able to fall asleep for a bit I have horrendous nightmares - grandfather dying and get this, my girlfriend breaking up with me are two examples.

if only I could find a job i believe much of my stress would be gone. I have been applying for basically anything from New York to Cali and everything in between.

there are more things but I tried to make it as short of a read as possible. i also apologize for the clarity/cohesion of what I just typed. still didnt sleep much last night and am obviously not in that great state of mind so its difficult for me to think clearly.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic