Alright, so my 2nd to last quarter at school starts tomorrow. I feel like I'm on the verge of some life-changing decisions (outside of the obvious). I really don't feel like I've taken myself or anything I've done for the last half a year or so seriously whatsoever. I'm at the point right now where I'm tired of feeling less than what I'm capable of. I've kind of let myself go a bit, socially/scholastically, to a point that it's affecting my self worth. I've also found myself dealing with negativity in my life pretty poorly and have let small things that happen during the day eat at me, like I did a few years in the past. Well, I'm definitely ready to make a conscious effort to change all of this. I know the changes that I need to make, I always have, but I'm ready to actually make the effort to step up and execute now. So yeah, time to stop being a child, take responsibility for my decisions and reclaim myself. 

Sounds VERY similar to my situation. I just started my last semester. My entire life up until now has been me essentially bullshitting my way through school. I still get good grades but I definitely don't feel like I have ever lived up to my full potential. I've never gone out of my way to do any extracurricular stuff, and I've told myself I'll get into certain hobbies but it just never panned out. The past year or so I've spent so much time sitting at my house rather than out socializing. I'm just overall nowhere near as active or as happy as I used to be.

Anyway this is all about to change cause I'm moving to Los Angeles in about a week to intern for SiriusXM radio. It all happened so suddenly and this is the biggest and scariest decision I've ever made in my life. I'm selling pretty much everything but my records to live in a shitty studio apartment with my girlfriend. And I have no idea what my future holds for me. Hopefully I'll have what it takes to finally step up to the plate and make things happen for myself.

Just make it happen now. Don't think "I'll graduate in 2 semesters and things will be easier". It really doesn't work that way.

I totally understand and agree. I appreciate it. 

Sounds VERY similar to my situation. I just started my last semester. My entire life up until now has been me essentially bullshitting my way through school. I still get good grades but I definitely don't feel like I have ever lived up to my full potential. I've never gone out of my way to do any extracurricular stuff, and I've told myself I'll get into certain hobbies but it just never panned out. The past year or so I've spent so much time sitting at my house rather than out socializing. I'm just overall nowhere near as active or as happy as I used to be.

Anyway this is all about to change cause I'm moving to Los Angeles in about a week to intern for SiriusXM radio. It all happened so suddenly and this is the biggest and scariest decision I've ever made in my life. I'm selling pretty much everything but my records to live in a shitty studio apartment with my girlfriend. And I have no idea what my future holds for me. Hopefully I'll have what it takes to finally step up to the plate and make things happen for myself.

Yessir, you basically summed it up. Excited for you about the internship! Best of luck with the move and that big black unknown called "The Future". 

first concert of this year for me will be Russian Circles.

cannot wait.

in a venue the size of a janitors closet.

I asked the boy(friend drop) if he wanted to go, and he said no.

I really need to find another human being in this city that does not hate going to shows and preferably not shitty taste in music.

I'm lucky he said yes to Mono and Mogwai.

Where's the last place you had a burger?

Work, probably, but a veggie burger. The last time I had a real burger was In-N-Out over Summer before I cut out red meat. 

Logan is 8 posts away from 1K. That's awesome! That is all. 

#iwanttowitness

Holy crap. I spend too much time here. 

What do I do? Who do I thank? What do I say? 

This is too much pressure, I give up, I'm quitting VC before 1,000.

Sapst tried that method.  He did not succeed.

Haha, fell flat on my face with that one. Seeing you post that made me want to go back and find when Zac and I were battling to get to 1,000 first. He was victorious. I did also want to quote these as a reminder: 

Whoever wins this competition will get the honor of buying me a new record.   B)

Whenever I hit #2000 I will buy you a record of my choosing. Write it down. 

Going in the books.

I know Jared didn't forget and I sure didn't either.

I get a new phone in March and I'm thinking about the Galaxy S4. I have an iPhone now and it's really easy to use but it seems like some of the newer phones can do SO MUCH more. 

Go back a few pages haha.  I have an S4 and I enjoy it more than my iPhones with the exception of its inability to handle SMS message storage, lol.

Go back a few pages haha.  I have an S4 and I enjoy it more than my iPhones with the exception of its inability to handle SMS message storage, lol.

Yeah reading through 5 pages was a little overwhelming so I kinda skipped it. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the fact that I spend all summer out of the country and my phone doesn't work, but I have wifi and can text other iPhones (what all my friends have) via wifi. So I was wondering if I could still text people like that if I had the S4

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic