There are like four helicopters hovering directly over or around my apartment complex. There is an apartment fire across the highway, but never have I seen even one helicopter because of a fire. They've been in the same exact spot since I got off the train 15 minutes ago.

I have no idea what is going.

edit: nope. it's definitely this big ass fire. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/DFR-Battles-Apartment-Fire-245454311.html

I turned on the live feed..... wow.

So...does anyone else keep in touch with some of their old high school teachers...or am I the only weirdo?

I told my 12th grade English teacher that I got Spinal Tap on vinyl and we're definitely nerding out together a bit on it. 

Is it weird that I'm friends with my ex-teachers on facebook? 

Probably.

No I don't think so.  My friend is friends with her photo teacher from high school.  I'm friends with almost all of my college instructors on Facebook, but none of my high school teachers.

So...does anyone else keep in touch with some of their old high school teachers...or am I the only weirdo?

I told my 12th grade English teacher that I got Spinal Tap on vinyl and we're definitely nerding out together a bit on it. 

Is it weird that I'm friends with my ex-teachers on facebook? 

Probably.

No that's not weird. I'm friends with my high school Spanish teacher. We go skiing and grab beers every now and then.

I keep in touch with my 12th and 11th grade English teachers. I email them regularly and I text my 12th grade teacher as well. They're the reason why I want to be an English teacher myself.

I was really close with my teachers, I didn't have many friends and there were a group of teachers who knew how bad I had it. They would constantly get me out of the school and take me on field trips for classes I didn't even have. I only really keep in contact with one, but I catch up with the others when I can. 

Teachers deserve so much more than they get, man. 

and that fire is terrible holy hell.

not at all...i still keep in touch with a few. plus my mom works at my high school so its pretty easy to stay in touch. and dad works for the town we are from, a very small town, so he constantly see's all my elementary teachers. not that i talk to them, but they know how im doing and ask about me. some of my high school teachers are some of the coolest people. 

Something hilarious happened tonight at the show I went to. These three young girls and their mothers came all dressed up nice like they were going to a concert at a performing arts center or whatever... dresses/heels/hair done up nice/etc.

Not one person warned them what was going to happen if they stood in the middle of the room directly in the main pit area once the band started playing.

Something hilarious happened tonight at the show I went to. These three young girls and their mothers came all dressed up nice like they were going to a concert at a performing arts center or whatever... dresses/heels/hair done up nice/etc.

Not one person warned them what was going to happen if they stood in the middle of the room directly in the main pit area once the band started playing.

oh my gosh.

I've got my fingers crossed you were at a Crusty Punk show

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic