Hey ry bread - someone just called me trying to pull the same scam you made a thread about a while back. Said my brother had gotten into an accident, and they were holding him at gunpoint until I paid for the damages. Because of your thread I hung up and called him (against their wishes), then called the police. It was scary for a few minutes but it all worked out okay.

It's definitely still shitty that you had a lot of money taken from you - but thanks for making the thread about it. Without it I'd probably be in the same boat.

-Mike

Hey ry bread - someone just called me trying to pull the same scam you made a thread about a while back. Said my brother had gotten into an accident, and they were holding him at gunpoint until I paid for the damages. Because of your thread I hung up and called him (against their wishes), then called the police. It was scary for a few minutes but it all worked out okay.

It's definitely still shitty that you had a lot of money taken from you - but thanks for making the thread about it. Without it I'd probably be in the same boat.

-Mike

What?  What, what, what!!!  I need to find said thread now, cause I missed something epic.

What?  What, what, what!!!  I need to find said thread now, cause I missed something epic.

I did a brief search for it and didn't find it. The title didn't have much to do with the content, from what I remember. And it was from a while ago - I want to say maybe a year or so ago?

-Mike

Holy shit, man.  I remember that thread. =\ It was awful.

whoa. that's....whoa.

this scam would probably never work on me because i never answer my phone, especially if it's a number i don't know calling.

Normally I don't pick up either, but I'm visiting my parents and the number called from the area code I'm in - I assumed it was my Mom calling from work.

I wonder if they would've left a voicemail...

Normally I don't pick up either, but I'm visiting my parents and the number called from the area code I'm in - I assumed it was my Mom calling from work.

I wonder if they would've left a voicemail...

one time my mom left her cell phone at home and was picking up a prescription for me when i was sick and had to ask me something important, but she called from her car (she has some hands free/onstar i dont know what thing) and got really pissed because i wouldn't answer cuz it was a number i didn't know.

i also avoid listening to voicemails until i can't stand looking at the stupid little icon. all my friends know to not leave any, and my parents only do if they're annoying that i'm not picking up.

mike that is some crazy stuff. I remember Ryan telling us all about his experience with that. I cant believe thats an actual thing people are doing. scumbags. what did the police say, anything they can do?

kellan, let's totally go! i'm so excited for this lineup to get released i can barely think about anything else today.

my goal is to hopefully convince SOME of you to go with me.  we call our camp the rolls royce of camps if that entices anyone.  last year half my crew got pregnant and then ditched out like two days before.  i was mad up until today.

god I would love too. and I know Im not too far away from TN, I just cannot afford it. sadly. ugh. just another reason why I need a real job.

mike that is some crazy stuff. I remember Ryan telling us all about his experience with that. I cant believe thats an actual thing people are doing. scumbags. what did the police say, anything they can do?

They already had one of the phone numbers they called from, and I gave them the second. They said they've been doing it to people for weeks now. Didn't seem like there was a ton they could do, the numbers are just pre-paid phones.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic