Oh c'mon.

This reminds me of a gal I grew up with and lives a house a way from my parents house... she has a young daughter who is going through some really bad things with her health.  I'm not fully aware of what's happening, but she is slated for brain surgery.  So like any mother, this gal is bringing her to doctors and even went to Childrens Hospital in Philly for the best treatment.  They've been trying to avoid surgery by using other treatments.  So yesterday she posts on Facebook that her daughter is improving and might not need surgery - which is what the doctors at Childrens have been working hard to accomplish - and she says that it was all God's work and it's because of God that her daughter won't need surgery.  I mean, it's fantastic that she's improving and getting better.  But I don't understand the need to discredit the science and the hard work of these doctors that are curing her.  If you have faith, that's awesome and all, but if someone (in this case, she is this someone) has a child (her now sick daughter) with a man she's not married to (against her religion), and is currently pregnant with another man's child who she is not married to (also against her religion), why would it be God and not science?  Just like the weather.  It's not God punishing the gays.  It's science.

Oh c'mon.

This reminds me of a gal I grew up with and lives a house a way from my parents house... she has a young daughter who is going through some really bad things with her health.  I'm not fully aware of what's happening, but she is slated for brain surgery.  So like any mother, this gal is bringing her to doctors and even went to Childrens Hospital in Philly for the best treatment.  They've been trying to avoid surgery by using other treatments.  So yesterday she posts on Facebook that her daughter is improving and might not need surgery - which is what the doctors at Childrens have been working hard to accomplish - and she says that it was all God's work and it's because of God that her daughter won't need surgery.  I mean, it's fantastic that she's improving and getting better.  But I don't understand the need to discredit the science and the hard work of these doctors that are curing her.  If you have faith, that's awesome and all, but if someone (in this case, she is this someone) has a child (her now sick daughter) with a man she's not married to (against her religion), and is currently pregnant with another man's child who she is not married to (also against her religion), why would it be God and not science?  Just like the weather.  It's not God punishing the gays.  It's science.

I was just in disbelief of reading that article.... Idiots!

Oh c'mon.

anytime she or one of her kids is sick, my sister's sister-in-law (who belongs to one of those crazy cult-like made up christian churches) makes a post on facebook about how she wants the devil to get out of her house and stop making whomever sick.

oh. ok.

anytime she or one of her kids is sick, my sister's sister-in-law (who belongs to one of those crazy cult-like made up christian churches) makes a post on facebook about how she wants the devil to get out of her house and stop making whomever sick.

oh. ok.

Oooooh goodness.  Oh my.  That's sort of terrifying.

Brb so I can get this devil out of my stomach region.

same here girl. i had to go in to the dr on a walkin. sorry, hope all gets better.

It feels so weird! =[  I hope you feel better, too.  What did the Dr. say?

I've started praying for you and I've asked my friends to do the same. The post got 8 likes already, so you guys should be fine.

I'm already feeling the healing power of the Like button.

I've been sick for like 2 and a half weeks, but my walk-in clinic visits went from $10 to $60, so fuck that noise. I know I have it good, having health insurance, but I can't bring myself to pay that much.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic