We're doing a pot luck for Monday. I never request any favors and hardly talk about my diet preferences. I know what I bring I can eat (even if it is only chips and salsa), so I'm never worried about it.

Everyone is going out of their way to make sure I have something to eat. I'm the only non meat eater.

Nice people are really nice.

That's really nice of them!  I always feel like a burden about stuff like that with my dietary restrictions, but I find that most of the time people want to make sure you get to eat, too.

For some reason, meat restricted diets are impossible for people to grasp and understand.

I've had people ask me if I eat stuff like cookies as a vegetarian.

....yes. Give me all of them.

I always am asked at work if I eat chicken, fish, shrimp, or muscles because "they are not meat"

It's beyond annoying

my landlord is out of control!

we asked her if we could end our lease 1 month early (we have 2 months left). she said yes that’s fine.

yesterday she texted me saying she’s worried I’m skipping out on May’s rent, that she was really counting on that rent and she did us a huge favor by letting us out of june's rent. she then said if I don’t pay May’s rent i will ‘BE IN A WHIRL OF HURT'

I could not fucking believe that! this woman is crazy. 

I've never paid late, I'm always early with payments. I was offended. and who says world of hurt anymore??????

my landlord is out of control!

we asked her if we could end our lease 1 month early (we have 2 months left). she said yes that’s fine.

yesterday she texted me saying she’s worried I’m skipping out on May’s rent, that she was really counting on that rent and she did us a huge favor by letting us out of june's rent. she then said if I don’t pay May’s rent i will ‘BE IN A WHIRL OF HURT'

I could not fucking believe that! this woman is crazy.

I've never paid late, I'm always early with payments. I was offended. and who says world of hurt anymore??????

lots of people

only a dad would say world of hurt.

When I was 15 I hid in my girlfriends closet when her parents randomly came home, so of course the rack in there fell on top of me (as loudly as possible) after a few minutes for no reason. This is what her dad said to me when he opened the closet door.

When I was 15 I hid in my girlfriends closet when her parents randomly came home, so of course the rack in there fell on top of me (as loudly as possible) after a few minutes for no reason. This is what her dad said to me when he opened the closet door.

it would have been better if you then fell out of the closet half dressed.

so Bleacers' song has burrowed deep in my brain and im okay with that.

That would be an awful potluck without knowing anyone's dietary restrictions. I mean I love meat just as much as everyone else but there are some amazing meatless/veg dishes to be had. If there's only one person there who eats veg, and they bring the only veg dish (especially if it happens to be good) why would that person go to the potluck? You could socialize in another setting but part of the deal of potlucks is to have people try and enjoy a bunch of different foods.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic